Sign in to follow this  
JawDesigns

New NavBars

JawDesigns

Hi to all,

I am new to wordpress, pagelines & css so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a good NavBar which I could use for a clients website site. I can see two in the Store but I'm also wondering if there's others that I've missed? I'm a designer but I haven't built a website before!! If I'm able to customize the NavBar so that I can change colours, size (height), add a gradient or even assign my own .png it would give me most of the flexibility I need to match the rest of the site. The NavBar will also require a basic parent/child relationship to display sub menus for other webpages.

Due to recent requests for me to build client websites I’m going to learn CSS buy obviously this is not going to happen over night so I’m a little restricted at the moment.

Kind regards,

James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

Hi James,

PageLines Framework provides multiple navigation options such as Fixed Nav, NavBar, Nav Classic etc... All these can be customise using custom CSS to change colors, height, gradients or even an image.

If you wish to customise the navigation, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect your navigation element to find the correct code. For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

As PageLines Framework is a theme framework for Wordpress, you're able to use most of the plugins that are available on the Wordpress plugin repository.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

Please search our forums, before posting!

JawDesigns

Hi Danny,

Thanks very much for your reply! Unfortunately I do not know any CSS at present but the NavBar does need some work so I am hopefully going to get ontop of this as soon as I can. At present I am experiementing with pages to get an idea of what I can & can't do? For this reason I may need to purchase something like CrackNav to get me going so I have a little more flexibility for building a clients site. However, if I'm able to progress using CSS I will put in some effort to customize the NavBar myself. However, before I do this I'll need to learn HTML5 as I guess you need to know this before CSS. Lots to do and not enough time!

Regards, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

The best place to learn the fundamentals of HTML5 and CSS would be W3schools.

http://www.w3schools.com/

JawDesigns

Thanks, I took a look at their site last night & I'll get started with some basic lessons shortly.

Cheers Danny!

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

No problem.