photomomwife

Thumbnails on Category Page

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

I have 3 questions about thumbnails on a category page:

1)  Since I have pared down the text on the category pages, the thumbnails look a little lonely. I wonder if there is a way to make the thumbnails layout two or three across a row instead of just one on a row with a big space between the rows.

2) Is there anyway to adjust that space between the rows so that it's not so big?

3) Also, how can I change the size of the thumbnails on the page?

Thank you in advance.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I apologise but I am not sure what you mean by thumbnails layout in two or three across, can you provide a link the category page in question.  So we can take a closer look at you problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

I would like to make the thumbnails larger and instead of a single column, two or three columns. Notice how the padding between the thumbnails is too large too.

Thank you.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Unfortunately, that is not possible out of the box with PageLines Framework. The best course of action would be to contact one of our Pros for assistance - http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a site that uses post categories to organize a large collection of cocktail recipes (such as 'Fall Cocktails', 'Winter Cocktails', 'Spring Cocktails', and 'Summer Cocktails'). I am trying to style the category pages so that a user will land on the Fall page and see the fall posts in a two-column setup. The Pagelines Content section has no real post display options to speak of so I am trying to work within the Loops section, which does produce the overall visual effect that we are hoping for. However, it means that I have to create a Loops section for every single category page and tell it to show the posts for that specific category (Fall posts on the Fall Category page, Spring posts on the Spring page, etc). We actually have about 25 cocktail categories so creating unique pages for each category isn't going to be very time effective for us - especially if we want to change a setting later and have to go to each page to do that.
      So, my question is whether or not there is a way to control general category pages or if there are any other good post loop options that you recommend. This used to be much easier in the past versions of Pagelines and DMS so I just want to make sure I am not missing something within this new system.
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • King Creative Design
      By King Creative Design+
      Hi, I'm trying to show thumbnails on aggregate pages like category, archives etc., and hide thumbnails on single post pages. I have searched the Pagelines forum and followed some of the instructions given to other users with no luck. Below are two links, one is to a single post, and the other is an archive list. Right now the thumbnails are turned off in the WP postloop. 
      Both pages are on separate templates, and I tried setting the single post page to loccal and it still seems to keep the thumbnail option as a global setting.
      SINGLE BLOG PAGE - http://liesegardner.com/fuel/
      ARCHIVE LIST - http://liesegardner.com/2015/07/
      Thanks for your attention,
      Michele
    • frakture
      By frakture
      Hi there, wondering if there is a way to hide or turn off the flipper thumbnails, so all you have are the blog titles (and dates)? I've searched and haven't seen this question asked before. Thanks!
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      This is driving me CRAZY. I want thumbnails showing on the left on my homepage ONLY.

I want ZERO thumbnails showing on the individual post page.

I have tried and tried to get this to work and it will not. PLEASE HELP ME.

I followed this tutorial here: http://www.pagelinestheme.com/controlling-post-thumbnails/

I've also attached a screen shot of my "current" settings though it's not doing what I think it should mean.

• forwardseven
      By forwardseven
      Hi guys, I have been using 'special recent posts' plugin to display recent posts via a category with a thumbnail as well, however it seems the text overlaps the thumbnails in columnizer and widgetizer. Any help would be appreciated...
      website is www.huonvalleyhome.com