Sign in to follow this  
seanngates

Navigation Menu

seanngates

I created the pages and want to rearrange the order of the pages on the navigation bar and want to get rid of the page that says home page and just have the icon be the home page. My site is www.millhousing.com How do I do this?

catrina

Hello, to rearrange the order of the pages, you can download and install a plugin called My Page Order (on your Dashboard: Plugins > Add new > Search "My Page Order" > Find it and click Install > Activate). It allows you to re-order the pages any way you'd like by clicking and dragging.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cmunns

You don't need that plug-in if you are using WP3.0. Just go to APPEARANCE > MENUS and create a menu with that tool. (drag and drop into order) Or you could still set the page order on the actual pages themselves in the right side underneath the "Publish" panel by entering a number hierarchy.

logicastudios

I'm curious though as to how you get rid of the actual word "Home" on the navigation and just use the home icon?

emidzi

Catrina's step above worked "Hello, to rearrange the order of the pages, you can download and install a plugin called My Page Order (on your Dashboard: Plugins > Add new > Search "My Page Order" > Find it and click Install > Activate). It allows you to re-order the pages any way you'd like by clicking and dragging." Then look for "My Page Order" under Pages.

mweger

The custom menus option is much easier and very flexible.