Sign in to follow this  
jankoby

Feature text in mobile view cut off

jankoby

Hi,

I have created my first site with Pagelines Framework. It looked terrible on the iPhone until I checked the option for Disable Mobile View.

Now the feature slider displays, but the text is cut off at the bottom. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

greenfly

Could you link us to your site please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Danny

Hi,

Can you take a screenshot of both your Layout Settings in PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor and also your Feature Settings. Can you also update to the latest version of PageLines Framework.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jankoby

Hi,

I have attached 2 screenshots of Layout settings and Feature settings and I have updated to the 2.4.1 of the framework.

Many thanks,

J.

post-31793-0-22192900-1365163337_thumb.p

post-31793-0-54255800-1365163342_thumb.p

Danny

OK, basically, as far as I am aware this is an error caused by your layout choice. You have selected Responsive with Pixel Width, but if you have disabled Mobile view then there isn't really a need to have responsive layout.

So I would recommend switching from Responsive to Static Width and that should resolve your issue.

jankoby

Thanks Danny. I switched from Responsive to Static Width but unfortunately the issue remains the same with the text cut off on the bottom of the feature.

greenfly

Are you using Custom CSS ?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jankoby

Hi Martin,

I am using some custom CSS but only for navigation menus and boxes and nothing to do with Features. I can't figure it out. Perhaps the Feature text will only display so many characters in mobile view?

Danny

I've been having a play around and I can't find any solution to this apart from reduce the number of words to something like 20, like you mention above.

jankoby

Thanks for looking into this and your help. Cheers, J. 

mackenzie

I have marked this answered but please let us know if you have more questions.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

jankoby

Now this is really weird. Last time I looked at the site and everyone here looked at the site it worked fine.  I just went to look at it, it appears for a second, and then all disappears and turns to white!!! Help?!

jankoby

Update: I removed all custom CSS - nothing. Got rid of the Pagelines Customize plugin - nothing. I deactivated the Social Media Plugin and the site has reappeared. Very strange.