wspencerii

div class="content_pad" background color issue/ Bad programming

wspencerii

www.thrashthetuxedo.com

current version of pagelines pro

The bad programming is on my part. haha I know how to manipulate the css i guess im still a little confused as to where I should imput the code. And if I'm typing it in correctly and where. I was using the css/less editor in the custom code section.

.content-pad {
padding; 15px
background color: #ff0000
}

I either get an error, nothing happens, but when I edit in firebug it changes the entire content background color to the red. Im just attempting to change the padding around the branding. Any suggestions would help. I think one of my issues is that I have not added a child theme, which after reading sounds like it would make it eaiser to manipulate certain customiations.

I have written css style sheets before. Im a little rust at best but I did look at the w3 school all that did was reafirm that I knew where to look I guess im not sure where the editor is?! as you can see im confused. haha

thanks for the help.

James B

Hi there, looking at your code I think it will need to be more specific. For example you'll need to specify the area you're applying the code to. There are many sections in the Framework which use the class .content-pad so you'll need to add .section-something in front of it to target it correctly.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

wspencerii

Tried to localize it to

.section-branding
.branding-wrap fix {
   color: #ff0000
}

But it doesnt do anything. So I'm either targeting the wrong thing or the way the content div is set up with the padding it engulfs everything with in the page.

also tried

.section-branding

From what I can gather there is a padding around the entire site. When I change the px with in firebug the entire site looses the 15px boarder around it. hmmmmm still pecking

thanks for the response

James B

Ok there's two other things you can try, either you have the site set to 'full width sections' in the page layout and the .page-canvas area (the white page bg) is covering your changes. If you change the fixed width sections and see if your code takes then.

Or you can try and use an override like #page or #site to overrule the css depending on where you're entering the css into the framework (base theme, css box, customize plugins etc). For more information on overrides see - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

wspencerii

I will try those changes and see what happens. Thanks

Yeah I looked into doing an override for it but I think its because I had full width on. Stand by and I will let you know how it goes.

greenfly

Thanks - let us know how you get on 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"