Sign in to follow this  
russellprisco

search bar on top of social icons - firefox incompatability

russellprisco

It looks just fine in IE inIE.png but in firefox it looks like this smashed2gether.png Thanks in advance =) Russell =P

cmunns

Well the search bar is supposed to be where the phone number is by default. Do you not want it there at all? You can do this in the theme options :) Otherwise give us the desired result and a link if possible.

russellprisco

The desired outcome is the first picture. The 2nd pic is how it looks in firefox. Here you go =) Thanks =)

catrina

That is quite strange. I'm checking your search bar on the latest version of Firefox, but it doesn't display what your second picture is showing. In the past 2 hours, have you figured this out?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

russellprisco

No. And more specifically the picture is actually from flock. I usually just say firefox when I'm talking about flock because it's a mozilla based browser and everything always seemed to display the same... But sure as sugar, your right. It looks fine in firefox, but not in flock.

russellprisco

Yes. It's like a better version of firefox that makes social networking much easier.

catrina

In your custom CSS, try adding this, save it, and preview your site on Flock to see if it nudged the icons up a bit:

#header div.icons {margin-top: -20px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

russellprisco

Thanks, but no such luck. (that was supposed to go in the css rules section, correct?)

catrina

Yes, it was, but since it's not working then you should just take it out. What do you think about moving them somewhere else in the header so that they're not partially hiding behind the search bar?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

russellprisco

No. I read in many places that it was compatable but apparently not with my version. Now however, it looks messed up in IE as well.

cmunns

I've tried finding a good way to debug in Flock but there doesn't seem to be one yet :( What IE version do you see it in?

russellprisco

=( IE8 To be more specific, IE8.0.7600.16385

russellprisco

It's been a while now, but I think I had initially followed directions to position it where I had wanted it in the first place by adding this to the header file. <?php include (THEME_LIB . '/_searchform.php'); ?> Not sure if this has to do with it displaying incorrectly. It always displayed perfectly in IE though, just not in flock. Which, ironicallyl, i've never checked in firefox, but it looks correct in firefox.

russellprisco

Any ideas how to properly place the search bar? Thanks, Russell =)

cmunns

Let's try some absolute positioning. ` #header .searchform { position:absolute; right:0; top:20px; } ` Paste that into your custom css in the theme options.

russellprisco

Getting there! Looks great in Firefox and IE, thanks =) It's in the same position on flock, but for some reason the stratight line on the bottom of the oval (where you would type in) is cut off...and I also just noticed that the word "search" is not inside the box also.

bryan-hadaway

Cross-browser compatibility is very important. However Flock is a not a major browser (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp). It is more important that your website looks good in Firefox and IE, if the look of the site is appeased for Flock and compromises the look in other browser, we could not recommend that. If you run Google Analytics, you can see what browsers your visitors are using. Thanks, Bryan

russellprisco

totally agree, and yet had no idea flock wasn't even up there at all. I've been using flock for years now and just thought that by now it would have had more of the market share. Thanks =)

mweger

I want to do the same thing. In Custom CSS I have only "body{}". Where does this go? Thanks, Mark