Sign in to follow this  
trisquelmedia

if POSIX functions is enabled is neccesary render_css_posix filter in functions.php?

trisquelmedia

Hi:

i have a dedicated server, posix functions is disabled, i want to know if POSIX functions is enabled in the server ,if is neccesary this line in functions.php in base theme?:

add_filter( 'render_css_posix_', '__return_true' );

Regards.

Danny

Hi,

Not entirely sure what you mean, if posix is disabled, then it wont be enabled on the server ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

trisquelmedia

Hi:

Posix is disabled now, i have a line in functions.php to improve site speed:

add_filter( 'render_css_posix_', '__return_true' );

I reading the forum and the developers recommend enable posix functions, then i was wondering if i have to delete this line, because I'm not sure if it is only is required when posix functions is disabled.

Thxs!

Regards

Danny

That line of code is only required if PHP User : Posix functions are disabled. If they are enabled, then there is no need to add this line of code.

Please search our forums, before posting!

James B

Hi there,

You've stated in your post that it's disabled on your setup, if that's the case you'll need to add that filter. The post you've linked the person was trying to get them enabled and the filter wasn't working up until the last thread and as a result the user was considering moving to a linux setup instead of windows.

If you're looking for advice on speeding up load times on your site I'd suggest this thread - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/25369-the-quest-for-speed/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B