Sign in to follow this  
basmati

Experiences with PageLines & Easy Content Types Plugin and Visual Composer for WordPress

basmati    4
basmati

Someone knows the "Easy Content Types Plugin" ?

Easy Content Types provides an extremely easy to use and intuitive interface for creating custom post types, taxonomies, and meta boxes.

Are there some experiences with PageLines?

Also i found this  "Visual Composer for WordPress" - that says it'll that seems to be a little buggy and removes functions from wordpress.

Has somebody ever tried on of these premium plugins?

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Both of these are premium plugins, so there is noway for us to test them. However, all PageLines products are built according to WordPress API standards and do work with the majority of plugins out there.

When creating Custom Post types, I would recommend either:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-custom-types/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/

As for the Visual Composer, you can pretty much do everything that plugin can do, using PageLines Grid and our shortcodes.

Please search our forums, before posting!

basmati    4
basmati

Thanks Danny - thats true - i never had trouble with PL and plugins. I'll have a look at your recommendations.

But i do have experiences with bad coded (so called) premium plugins :growl:

i'm just curious - has someone bought one of these premium plugins and tried them with pagelines?

and i thought off topic would be the right place for that question.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

I've used Easy Custom Post Types (the premium plugin) without any coding issues at all.  It seems a bit complicated to implement the results, but generally easy to use.  There were no conflicts with PageLines or our plugins, sections or child themes (of the ones I use).

I've not tried Visual Composer.

Hope this helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+

I have problems with the scroll, someone who can help me?
      Video_1487265541.wmv
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      After the latest update of platform 5 and other Pl plugins the forms stopped working. Do you have an idea what could be the problem for that?
      https://www1.test.queue-it.com/pricing/

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there, the Filter By option within the Masonic section isn't working when a custom post type and custom category is selected.  If you swap to normal posts and categories then it works but sadly not with custom post types and custom categories.
      All posts are shown but when you click on the categories all posts disappear even though posts do have these categories. When you click All all the posts come back. I've tried this on two different websites with the same result.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      This discussion has appeared today on the Facebook User Group and we decided to have a vote to know what the users judge more important.
      Let me know which questions you want me to add to the poll.
    • butcher
      By butcher+
      Hello.
      I was present at online google meeting and I already then I was expressing my concerns. I agree to some point they could be better as plugins but...
      1. Installing extensions as plugins right now is kinda annoying dont you think ? You have to install it one by one, in a new window. Should be install All option ! A must have. The also could be categorized to some groups with the same Install whole group option.
      2. Having another 20+ plugins in your plugin list creates a messy and long list... Its a good idea with Pagelines plugins sub category, but IF we cant avoid extensions as plugins they shouldnt be connected with all the rest on a default list.
      Please rethink it and consider my suggestions.
      Anyone from Beta testers having similar feelings ?