Sign in to follow this  
rainbowtutoring

Importing Pageline settings

rainbowtutoring    0
rainbowtutoring

I am trying to import an existing pagelines theme into a new development server.  I have followed the tutorial here: 

http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Migrate_PageLines_from_Another_Site

When attempting to import into the new server, I get a blank screen.  Upon research, this is caused by not having enough memory allocated for PHP. 

I do not have the permissions to increase memory limit on this server.  How else can I move the settings? 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The best course of action, would be to contact your web host provider and ask them to increase your PHP memory.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rainbowtutoring    0
rainbowtutoring

i did.  it's shared hosting, so they won't.  if i need to copy over db's, can you advise which ones?  (I already did a standard WP export-import)

Danny    1,327
Danny

PageLines Framework, is a theme framework and due to the amount of features and functionality, requires slightly more memory than standard Wordpress themes. PageLines Framework requires on average roughly about 32MB to a max of 46MB, this depends on how many plugins you're using and how your server is configured i.e. PHP version etc... 

However, regardless of what theme or framework you're using, a shared hosting environment is cheap (with hosting, you certainly get what you pay for) and isn't recommended, for a number of reasons. One of which is that you share the same server as a number of sites, depending on the host, this can be between 50 to 1500 (the most we've ever seen), all these sites are sharing the servers resources. Therefore, shared hosting is extremely poor for both control and performance.

To test this, I added your sites URL to a reverse IP check, the results that came back were showing that you have over 300+ websites on the same server as yourself, all using the same resources.

Therefore, if your current host is unable to increase your allocated PHP memory, I recommend the following:

1. Upgrade your package with your current host, speak to them regarding what is best to get more allocated memory.

2. Move host, we recommend either ZippyKid or WP Engine.

3. Purchase a VPS or Dedicated server (VPS are now rather cheap and offer great performance).

Please search our forums, before posting!