Sign in to follow this  
chisim11

Need help w/Boxes

chisim11

Pagelines Framework Version 3.5.1. Actual page in question: http://tinyurl.com/bnw77pe

So I created the above page with boxes, which basically is a set of 3 boxes. The problem is I have 4 properties and not 3. I thought I could add whatever number of boxes. I dont understand why is there an option on the "pagelines Meta settings" under the option to select the number of boxes per row(which is up to 5) and Maximum Boxes to show, basically whatever number but only 3 boxes appear. I'm consused. 

I tried to clone it but then If I make any changes on the clone boxes, also reflects on what I already have, which is a no-no.

The bottom line here is, all I want to do is able to have 2 or 3 boxes per row and a few rows. What am I missing?

I'm attaching a jpeg with the boxes option page.  

Thanks.

post-27875-0-21439900-1364842490_thumb.j

Rob

Hi Simon,

How many boxes did you actually create at Dashboard > Boxes > Add New?  Are they all assigned to the box set? And after you made the snapshot, did you select the box set from those settings (none is shown selected)?

Without assigning boxes to a box set, and then selecting that box set for the page, they will not show, no matter how many across or in total you have the settings at. Please let us know what the full range of settings are.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chisim11

Rob,

Thanks for your response.

I had the boxes under the "default-boxes", but since I could not figure out why the 4th box would not show I changed it to "select box" just to see what would happen. trial and error.  I guess based on what you had described that ....a set consist only of 3 boxes and I that I would have to manually add any additional boxes. Am I right on this? 

Now let me ask you...

If I set up a total new page where I'm gonna have let's say 6 boxes, the only way to do it is to have one set (3 boxes) and then add the additional 3 boxes individually? Why couldnt I add 2 sets of 3. Just wondering.....

Also, would I have to select default-boxes again on the new page w/the 6 boxes, or would I have to change the name from "default-boxes" to something new. And if so, how do I do that?

and last.....is there a way to put these boxes in some sort of order?

Thx

post-27875-0-78925400-1364850306_thumb.j

Rob

Simon,

First, here's the documentation you should read thoroughly about boxes:  http://support.pagelines.me/docs/sections/boxes/

If I set up a total new page where I'm gonna have let's say 6 boxes, the only way to do it is to have one set (3 boxes) and then add the additional 3 boxes?

To add the boxes, you have to go to Dashboard > Boxes > Add New, where you may add as many boxes as you desire, each added to the box-set you wish to display.

On the page you create, in PageLines Meta Settings, the number across is complemented by the total number you wish to display. So, if you have 20 boxes created, but you want to display three wide, and a total of 9, the page will display the latest 9 boxes created out of the total of 20 available. It would create three rows of three wide.  If you make the total 12 or 15 you'll get more rows of 3.

You just add the boxes to the box set in Dashboard > Boxes. That's all that's needed.

Also, would I have to select default-boxes again on the new page w/the 6 boxes, or would I have to change the name from "default-boxes" to something new. And if so, how do I do that?

It sounds like you're trying to implement multiple box sets on the same page.  I don't think this works well.  However, the way to do this is to use a plugin called WP Boxer which allows you to create new content block sets (like box sets), and apply content blocks (just like boxes) to your page using shortcodes.  This lets you have multiple block sets on a page, each with multiple content blocks (boxes) in a single page.

I use this method to display content in categories on my site and it works well.  The plugin is found here:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chisim11

Thanks Rob. Appreciate your help. Will start w/new page w/info provided.