motionltd

Thumbnails and title neatly in sidebar? Advise please

motionltd

Hi Guys, I am trying to get post title and thumbs with a divider line showing in a sidebar. Any pointers to a widget or section that would let me do this? I want it to look the same as this site:

www.graemehunt.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

catrina

I don't know of any existing widget plugin that replicates the look of the sidebar on that site, but you can use HTML in a regular Text widget to insert the images and text and CSS to style them with the dividers and formatting. You can use the Grid System code (http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/) to create two-column sections for each thumbnail and piece of text and CSS to style each row so that the bottom border is a divider line.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

motionltd

Hi Catrina, thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned, the items appearing are posts, so when a new post is added, it needs to automatically place a thumb and title into that sidebar. Its a for a client as well who would not be able to deal with code each time he wanted to add a car.

Ben

motionltd.com

catrina

Ah, okay. Then that changes my solution entirely. If that's the case, are you uploading these images as featured images in your posts?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

motionltd

I can do either, which ever is easiest. There will be many images in each post.

Ben

motionltd.com

catrina

I think it'd be easier if you had images set as featured images in the posts, and you should find a plugin that displays these images along with the post titles in the widget.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

James B

I recommend using special recent posts for this - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B