leela

How do I Remove Blog Name from Pages/Single Posts?

leela    0
leela

Hi,

How do I remove the default blog meta title from single post pages - as well as the pages? It appears to show properly on one of my sites but not the other... not sure what I am doing wrong.

Right now it appears like this in Google search results: Blog Title | Post Title

I only want the post title to show. How do I fix that?

Site: http://anomadsdream.com

Many thanks in advance!

James B    436
James B

The best way to set this so you can control exactly what shows up in the google results is to install http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ which will allow you to control the titles and information for the seo on a per page basis. This way you can control what appears in google.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi. 
      I'm using Loops section on search pages and using default query object.
      But i cant sort in descendent order. Doens't work.

Another thing. How i use meta query object ? Can i give me a example?
      Tks.
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
      Judith
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      In a number of the post plug ins there is a meta key/meta value area. The text says: Select only posts which have a certain meta key and a corresponding meta value. Useful for similar or featured posts. 
      Excellent! But where does one enter a meta key and meta value? And why do you need both? 
      Searching thru Pagelines answers didn't help..brought up an explanation of the toolbars or an error code. Strange. 
      Thanks!!