Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosimowicz

Transparency theme - setting background image per page

gosimowicz    0
gosimowicz

Hello, 

I have purchased the Transparency child theme and I'm trying to figure out how to set different background images on different pages. I can see this done on some sites using the theme (e.g. http://www.coloradorafting.com/). 

I have tried adding the code below to the body of a page - this works initially - I can see the image loading - but it seems like the default background image (defined through the Pagelines > site options > Color control) is set via a script which kicks in after the page loads. This means that the image set via the below code gets overridden by the default background image. 

Any suggestions on how to accomplish my goal and assign different backgrounds to individual pages/categories etc.?

<?php if (is_page('PAGEINQUESTION') ):
// PAGEINQUESTION>
<style type="text/css">
body {background-image:url(PASTE THE FULL WEB LINK FOR DESIRED PICTURE HERE);background-repeat:repeat;}
</style>

Greg

cmunns    16
cmunns

Yeah, actually...each page can have a diff bg image ( like the theme demo ) by going to the pagelines meta options for the page in question. The "Page Setup" tab will have an image uploader just like the one in color control

gosimowicz    0
gosimowicz

Cool, thanks so much for the quick reply. Loving the theme by the way!!

Thanks again, 

Greg

ceciliaosterholm1977    0
ceciliaosterholm1977
Hi!

I have the transparency theme and I would like to make the headers in a smäller typo. How do I do that? I tried to write the code in the CSS but nothing happened?

And thanks for a great theme!
Cecilia

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Similar Content

• tjolin
      By tjolin+
      Hi all, 

Anyone knows how to disable the transparency on the "translate on scroll" animation? 
      Been going crazy trying to edit this for the last couple of weeks. 

TIA!
    • WebEditor
      By WebEditor
      Hello, 

my company would like to have a menu (NavBar) on the Quickslide, exactly over the images of it. 

Is it possible to make it, perhaps with a css code?

Thank you very much

Enrico
    • abanze
      By abanze
      hi,

i need to put the white content background half  transparent, but have the photos on it in solid 100 % .
      i don´t get it. please help. any costum code i can optimize for me?

http://bachinger-eis.at/

thanks
      alf
    • ruthtoledoaltschuler
      By ruthtoledoaltschuler+
      This may not be something that can be solved, but I am hoping it can. 

I am using Pagelines PlatformPro and working on this blog that I really want to have a page background color with a certain transparency that allows the image on the background to show.

And I was shocked to see how it displays in Explorer 8 (thought it would be a problem with Explorer 7, but not 8).

The page color simply does not show, and as a consequence it is unreadable.
      Here is the link to the site:

http://travelandpacking.com

Is there any "workaround" CSS code for that? 

Do I have the option of having a CSS rule that applies only when the browser is Explorer 8 to make the page color opaque?

Please, if any one of you Genius of the support team can help me with this it will be greatly appreciated.
      Ruth

• angusryall
      By angusryall
      Hi Nick, I'm trying to add some transparency to the sticky menu bar as I need to see more of the images. Tried styling a few things in CSS including .texture but that only made the whole page transparent. Any clues on this?