Sign in to follow this  
eileen

custom border on boxes

eileen    0
eileen

I found this in support for adding a border to each individual box. .fbox {

border: 1px solid red;
}

I have added this css code to the box page for each of 2 boxes on my main page. It is not showing up. Am I also supposed to add it to the css customization located on site options? I don't think it goes in the meta section on the home page because I'm guessing that is if you want to border all the boxes on that page.

My boxes are not showing up with a border

greenfly    230
greenfly

Eileen - please provide a link to the site 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

how are you adding the Custom CSS? Are you using customise plugin, a child theme or the Custom CSS window in Pagelines > Site Options 

Try the latter and it should work 

Further information on how to do this is available in the guide here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/customization-methods/ 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

eileen    0
eileen

ok, the css code worked when I put it into the site options customization. What then is the boxes page option css for?

eileen    0
eileen

now can you help me increase the width of the border?

greenfly    230
greenfly

eileen  - please read the documentation regarding boxes to understand the options on the page http://support.pagelines.me/docs/sections/boxes/ 

James B    436
James B

Hi Eileen, I see you've got this resolved in live now, so we'll resolve this thread for moderation purposes :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B