suzyo    1
suzyo

Hi guys. Idea for all you super devs.

I can NOT be the only person who needs a search.

I ended up w a small widget called "Taxonomy Filter Widget" after searching for weeks. It's not much, but it's all I could find.

So, researching pulls up that I'm looking for Multiple Drop downs for Custom Taxonomies, search and filter custom taxonomies, build custom queries using dropdowns of cats and custom taxonomies....phew. 

Eg., "Find a Restaurant' and then drill down by 'Cuisine', 'Neighborhood", etc. Look on the left on this guy's Wordpress site: http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/

It seems that there are lots of these for Realtors.

Anyway, I bet they'd fly out the door.

Thanks.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thank you for the suggestion, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• medtime
      By medtime+
      Hello,
      We are using ProPricing but We cant change the colors from the Table. 
      How can we change it? It is all grey and we would like to add colors according our identity.
      Best,

• ppotent
      By ppotent
      Any chance of a pagelines table plug-in coming? I know that the use of short codes and bootstrap can achieve this, but I can't seem to find any easy/visual editor way of doing this. There are table plug-ins around for wordpress, but honestly, they are pretty clunky. I'd pay for a tables plug-in, given how much I would use tables if I could.

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...