Sign in to follow this  
memamjomeh

Custom page

memamjomeh

Can you tell me how to customize a single pages header logo and take out the navigation on it? I only want one page like this not the whole web template. and if you could please give me direction as to which files to change and what code to use. i'm not a web developer just using this for my company. Thanks

bryan-hadaway

You most likely won't have to mess with any files, this can likely be done by dropping some CSS in your Custom CSS section. First though, we need a link to the page and questions and a very detailed description of what you'd like to do with it. Thanks, Bryan

memamjomeh
http://www.yourlocalboardshop.com/test/?page_id=4 Hey sweet heres the question. This is a page i created in the word press pages section. It has an exclude page plug in enabled on it because i dont want it to be found by anyone unless i give them the url. I want to take out the navigation bar and change the logo images on this page only.

cmunns

Then you would use css like this: `page-id-4 #nav {display:none;}` You would also need something to replace the logo but I would need an image location to give you the correct bit of code

memamjomeh

Oh that is killer. I will be placing all of the variable logos in the station pro images folder. You rock adam

memamjomeh

dude your gunna kill me but i inserted it wrong the nav isnt disappearing. Do i just copy past that code into the custom css section?

cmunns

maybe I was slightly off, do you have a fresh link to your site? The one provided is now a 404

memamjomeh

Hey while your looking at my site would you be able to tell me why my home link is gone on the nav bar?

bryan-hadaway

`.page-id-731 #nav{display:none}` And paste it in the Custom CSS field. Adam, was right, you just need to add the new ID's of any pages you want to hide the nav on. So in the future if you want to hide more navs you can install a plugin called "Page ID's" that will show page ID's when looking at your list of pages, then you simply update your code like so: `.page-id-731 #nav, .page-id-123 #nav, .page-id-456 #nav{display:none}` For having a different header/logo on a page, please explain to me which page this should happen on and provide a URL of the replacement image that is supposed to be used. Thanks, Bryan

memamjomeh

Thank you that was perfect. Thanks for all of your help. so the page i want to customize is this http://www.yourlocalboardshop.com/usmh/client-0101 I need to: 1. Replace the logo with client-0101.png 2. I need to take out pages, stay in touch and more out of the footer. 3. And i also need to take out the twitter facebook and linked in links at the top.

bryan-hadaway

Okay, the following code will take care of everything except for swapping out the header/logo: `.page-id-731 #header .headlines .icons, .page-id-731 #footer{display:none}` Add this code to your Custom CSS section. The image URL for the new header/logo is incorrect and I'm not entirely sure just yet how to accomplish this. Thanks, Bryan

memamjomeh

Sweet thanks 1. the footer was taken out with the code provided; however, the facebook,twitter etc, icons at the top did not come out. It doesn't look like the code is requesting to take out the icons. So is there no way to change the logo on that page? I just uploaded the replacement image to here it is http://www.yourlocalboardshop.com/usmh/client-0101.png

bryan-hadaway

Update the CSS to this: `.page-id-731 #header .icons, .page-id-731 #footer{display:none}` For, the logo/header, let me give it a shot, copy this: ` <?php if(is_page('page-id-731')){ echo '<?php echo SITENAME; ?>'; } else{ echo '<?php echo SITENAME; ?>'; } ?> ` and then navigate to: Appearance > Editor > Header (header.php) and replace this line: `<?php echo SITENAME; ?>` I could have the syntax a little wrong, but I'm definitely on the right track, one of the PHP developers should be back in the morning to refine the code if there is anything wrong with it. Please bump. Thanks, Bryan

memamjomeh

Sweet =) everything is solved accept for i just dont know exactly where to replace the code for the custom logo in the header. this is what my code looks like. I can't find the line im supposed to be replacing.

<div id="hcontain" class="content fix">
						<div id="header" class="fix">
							<div class="headline">
								<?php if(pagelines('custom_header')):?>
									/" title="<?php bloginfo('name');?>">" alt="<?php bloginfo('name');?>" />
								<?php else:?>
								<h1 class="site-title">/" title="<?php _e('Home',TDOMAIN);?>"><?php bloginfo('name');?></h1>[/code]

Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, I believe you want to add it over this: ` <?php if(pagelines('custom_header')):?> /" title="<?php bloginfo('name');?>">" alt="<?php bloginfo('name');?>" /> ` I would advise waiting for Adam to check this and confirm. Bump your topic and ask him if he can check my solution, he may need to revise the code/syntax. Thanks, Bryan