pcshoa

How to change 'copyright' year on page?

pcshoa    3
pcshoa

My first post as I'm new to the WordPress world.  I've searched under WhitehousePro topic and didn't see anything referring to this question. 

I'm now the content manager for our community website and I notice that the copyright year in the footer is still 2011.  I've Googled this question as well and everyone points to the footer.php file.  I have searched the footer.php for both the theme and general Wordpress theme and could not find anything referencing the 2011 Copyright text at the bottom of each page.  I've checked many many other php files as well and nuttin.

Am I missing something?  Probably something obvious.  :-)  Thanks!

• Like 1

James B    436
James B

Hi there, I've just taken a look at Whitehouse Pro, in Whitehouse Pro>theme Options>footer options I see there's a copyright area in there you can edit direct from the wp admin area. Is this what you're referring to? Please see attached screenshot - http://screencast.com/t/NMpqNDX7U9C

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pcshoa    3
pcshoa

Thank you for looking into this!  Unfortunately, this admin location you mentioned must not be the source for the copyright for my page.  My "Site Terms Statement" box is blank when I go to "Whitehouse Pro>theme Options>footer options".   I did a quick test by putting in some text in the box then saving, but nothing new was added to the footer area.  Interesting!   Any other thoughts?

• Like 1

James B    436
James B

hmmm ok, looking in the source code it's coming from a widget. So maybe they set a widget manually. Go to appearance>themes from the main wp admin area and look inside your sidebar columns, especially the footer columns one. There might be some text widgets in there where the code was added manually.

http://screencast.com/t/NOSrT0Zud

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pcshoa    3
pcshoa

Outstanding!!!   You're the best, thank you sir!   Yes, in the widget section under Footer Column, about the third text box down had the copyright year/info.   I'll have to explore the widget options some more too.  Probably some cool functionality with those. 

Rhett

• Like 1