Sign in to follow this  
dvonz

Background change in posts and subpages - not feature

dvonz    0
dvonz

using station pro. I would like to change the background color (content area where text is not the background of the page) on post pages and not my feature front page. I guess I would really like to know how to change the text area (content) background on all pages and posts but not my feature front page. Is this possible? where would I go and how would I go about this?

Andrew    201
Andrew

Yes, start with using the 'custom CSS' option you may try adding this and go from there: `.hentry {background: #YOURHEXCODE;}`

dvonz    0
dvonz

thanks! this helped give me a start. I'll work on the details now. Thanks again, this little bit really helps

dvonz    0
dvonz

Ok now that I messed with this for a few hours, I need some more help please. I can get the background, change text etc, BUT I can't get the headline for each post to change color, ie: black so this is great, makes text on page black and background white, .hentry {color:black;background:#FFF;} but no matter what I do to change the h1 it doesn't work? Is there a way to do an inline style for h1 so it overrides the main style sheet? Any assistance is appreciated

Andrew    201
Andrew

easy: `.hentry h1, .hentry h2 {color:black;}` hope that helps :)

liasson    0
liasson

Ok, I just uploaded the zipped version of of Whitehouse Pro through WordPress. When I went to Appearance> Themes, I scrolled to the bottom and saw that the thumbnail was not visible. I scrolled to the bottom of that page and saw this: Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description WhiteHouseProFiles Stylesheet is missing. I know nothing of coding so can you tell me what the problem is?????

liasson    0
liasson

Oh.... Since I saw that the upload through Wordpress was broken, I also uploaded it via FTP... it still gave me the same Broken Theme....Question is...now that I have 2 Wordpress folder in my File Manager (1 zipped, the other is not) do I keep both or shall I delete one and which one should I delete??? Thanks...

jnoh    0
jnoh

@liasson Make sure you unzip the file you get from us! In that unzipped folder, you'll find a readme that explains installation.