Sign in to follow this  
jcritty

Custom CSS for Cloned Hero Sections

jcritty

Hey all,

I've got two hero sections cloned on one of my templates, but would like to switch the photo alignment on the second.

Saw on the pagelines site that you've added custom class to your hero sections and was wondering how I might accomplish that?

j

ladyfox.crittydesign.com

greenfly

Can you change the photo setup using the hero setting in the page meta http://d.pr/i/WCy9 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jcritty

There's no alignment settings in the Hero unit, so it would have to be done by CSS.  Problem is there doesn't appear to be a way to attach a custom class to a cloned hero.

But they've done it on the pagelines main site, so there's gotta be a way

jcritty

That link didn't work, btw

James B

Hi Jeremy

Is this the page you've seen? That page is using banners, the banner section will allow you to put an image on the left or the right. There's an alignment option in the banner setup to choose left/right for the media.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny

It may well have a class called Hero, but that doesn't mean it's the Hero section being used. The Tour page is using a custom built section, which is unfortunately not available. I think the best course of action would be to listen to James advice and use the Banners section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jcritty

Cool, thanks Danny

jcritty

But would be great to give the Hero some custom CSS!

catrina

The best way to implement CSS for Hero would be to use Custom CSS (in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse