camaran

less child theme

camaran    4
camaran

Hi,

in my child theme i have style.css and work but if i add style.less is not loaded and the customization not apply.

how i can resolve?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Please see our custom CSS documentation, it is most likely you will need to use one of the PageLines override.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Also, you need to make sure that your custom CSS, is valid. LESS CSS is less forgiving than standard CSS, any errors or minor mistakes in your code will most certainly cause a Parse Error.

Please search our forums, before posting!

camaran    4
camaran

but i can remove style.css and have only style.less in my child theme or i must have style.css for theme definition and style.less for customizations?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Do not delete the style.css, as it is like you said for theme name, description etc..

All you styling custom CSS, LESS goes into the style.less file, as the style.less file supports both CSS and LESS, the style.css doesn't. All this information is on our customisation method and custom CSS documentation.

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK and remember to use the PageLines overrides in your custom CSS, more information is available on the custom CSS documentation.

camaran    4
camaran

for css is not a problem and also for child theme but i want to use less for more simple custom

Danny    1,327
Danny

All CSS goes in the style.less file, as I mentioned above.

If you plan on using LESS CSS, like you're, then the style.less file replaces the style.css file. Meaning, that there shouldn't be anything in the style.css file apart from:

http://d.pr/n/xhWR

All your custom code, such as CSS or LESS goes in the style.less file. Style.css will no longer be used apart from theme definition. All this information is available on our customisation method and custom CSS documentation. I highly recommend you read through them.