Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Triggering Poppy from Hero, Masthead, or Box Link Fields

3 posts in this topic

Is there a way to trigger the Poppy plugin from the link field of the hero or masthead unit? I tried a couple of formats and none seemed to work. Since this is a contact plugin I would think triggering it from the typical call to action units would be expected and/or appreciated.

Masthead and Hero only allow straight text, not HTML, so they won't be able to display coded components. Shortcode does work in Boxes. So I'm unsure why it's not working unless you haven't activated the plugin.

You can always use another sidebar (Universal or Full Width, depending on where it is used) and create your own layout. For example, the Grid System might be suitable in a sidebar/text widget with the shortcode used in one of the grid elements.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the response. I'm using a work around of placing the shortcode below in the "Enter Masthead Meta Text":

[poppy type="button" class="btn-success" size="large"] Button Text [/poppy]

That is working okay for now. I was just wondering about placing the shortcode in the actual "Enter the link destination" within the masthead options. Sounds like that isn't possible at this point. Thanks for the suggestion on the grid. I have used it a few places and will probably start to do so more as I hit limitations with core options.

Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Hero Section - Mobile View Issue
      By hibbsy78+
      Following the latest updates I now have an issue with the hero section on mobile. The content is extremely narrow. All looks ok on desktop....

• Heroes Section
      By hibbsy78+
      I just spotted the standalone Heroes section as opposed to the Elements>Hero section and I much prefer this layout with the larger text directly under the heading but again on mobile (iPhone) it screws the layout similar to the contact form 7 page (

• Elements Update 5.0.3
      By hibbsy78+
      Mobile layout much better in 5.0.3. There appears to be an issue that it 'super-sizes' the background image?

• Customizing Poppy form
      By emilyf+
      Is there a way to customize the contact us form that Poppy uses?
      At the very least, I would like the e-mail to indicate which page on our website that the form was submitted from. Ideally, I would turn it into a 3 or 4 question form with a radio button or two (beyond the basic text area block). Any ideas about how I could accomplish this?
    • Masthead styling CSS port to HTML
      By bjs198
      Hey there,
      I use quite a few templates to handle the look and feel of many many pages on a site and then populate the templated pages with a wp-content loop. However a client has asked that I effectively place a DMS2 Masthead at the top of each page as they prefer the styling of the title & tagline to the standard in WP. Obviously I can't do this when using templates as the Masthead would just replicate over all the associated templated pages, so could you please tell me if it's possible to recreate the title and tagline styling of the Masthead using HTML rather than CSS in the text view of the wp-content editor? I did inspect the HTML/CSS but came up fruitless...
      Hope that makes some kind of sense, and please excuse my coding ignorance :)