Sign in to follow this  
cryptoking

WhiteHouse Homepage Feature Boxes and keeping Blog posts

cryptoking

How do add the 3 feature boxes underneath the slide feature to the homepage while keeping the blog posts on the homepage? I could only get it to show up by choosing a PAGE as my homepage and checking the feature box on that PAGEs setting. thanks in advance.

cmunns

You'd just have to move some template files around. Are you comfortable with that?

cryptoking

I'm totally comfortable moving files around and inserting php code on pages as this is a work in progress site. With clear instructions I should be golden. plus, I'll make a back up just in case. thanks in advance, again.

cryptoking

BTW, I'm not opposed to using a plugin either. I'm just not sure which would be the most compatible and ideal for the WH theme. Any recommendations? instructions?

bryan-hadaway

I think Adam has done this a few times, so he probably can instruct you quickly on how to do this within the template without a plugin when he get's back in the morning. In the meantime just in case it helps, please list your WordPress version, Theme version and provide a link to your website, or specifically the page on question. Bump again. Thanks, Bryan

cryptoking

WhiteHouse Pro 3.0.1, WordPress 3.0.1. I'd rather not post the url until it's finished. I've also hid it from search engines, however when I get the issue resolved, I'll post the site. thanks in advance.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Aaron, I understand. Just in case it's needed you could send the link to: [email protected] privately. Anyways, the developers have left for today. Please bump your topic and check back in the morning. Thanks, Bryan

cryptoking

If and when you need my url, i'll be happy to email it to you. thanks in advance.

cryptoking

After looking around I found this post http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=2690 however my line code was a little different. In the library > template_posts.php line 26, my line is written this way...

<?php if($fboxes_template) include(PRO . '/template_fboxes.php');?>
I then changed it to...
		<?php if($fboxes_template || is_home()) include(PRO . '/template_fboxes.php');?>

Save, upload, refresh homepage, 3 feature boxes magically appear.

cmunns

I didn't know I was needed here, but glad you got it figured out. :)