TourKick (Clifford P)

Better Reader Formatting, like the one on PageLines' Jobs page

TourKick (Clifford P)    1
TourKick (Clifford P)

The Reader (or reader-looking) section at the bottom of http://www.pagelines.com/jobs/ looks great.

How do I get that Reader?

Compared to the Reader from the Store, that one has:

• Pretty menu of current/active item
  • Nice transition look when clicking from one item to another
  • No leading bullet next to each content area's heading
  • Properly formatted bullets within the Reader's content area

I hope instructions or a store update can be provided.

Thank you.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Cliff,

I'm not familiar with Reader, but the answer, I think, is that the one on the Jobs section of our site was customized with CSS. It is not a different product, as your enquiry suggests.  You're free to customize the style of Reader via CSS as you desire. I don't believe we did anything to alter the transition capabilities or resources. You may wish to ask one of the other developers for more guidance.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• NameSake
      By NameSake
      I've tried to work with reader but am not sure how to reorder the readers. Your instructions suggest that there should be a "reorder" option but I don't have it for some reason (See the attached image).

Thanks.

• eglashcreative
      By eglashcreative+
      Hi there -

[i tried posting this in the Store Products forum - but it was unresponsive and just led me back to the forum page each time]

http://creationok.com/faq/

You will notice a gray bar at the bottom of the Reader. I can't figure how this got there, but I will say a few things:
      It goes away if I remove the last few questions; It was there before I did all my CSS tweaks; There doesn't seem to be a selector related to it, so I'm going to guess that it's a result of Settings. Any ideas out there? Thank you!
    • jsharpe2001
      By jsharpe2001
      The Reader menu in wp-admin does not display the "Reader Set" columns. When I edit a specific Reader, then I can see the Category that Reader is assigned to, but the Category is not displayed on the main Reader menu. I have dozens of Readers and this functionality would certainly make managing this content less cumbersome. Am I missing something? Shouldn't the assigned Category (or Categories) display in the Reader Set column on the Reader menu. 

Please see attached screenshot. Problem has persisted for months, but I'm just getting around to addressing this. Plugins and theme version are more or less current. 
    • camaran
      By camaran
      Hi, how i can enable reader section to work in content area?
    • davemoppert
      By davemoppert
      The Pagelines Reader Section does not work in IE8.  It only displays the first item in the reader.  Any fixes for this issue?  My client is having a cow... I guess he is one of the few people still using IE8.  

- Dave