Updated to 2.4.1 worked but then updated base theme to 1.0.2 and child theme does not load css anymore

6 posts in this topic

Hi please help.

I have succesfully updated the pagelines framework to  2.4.1 and updated the base theme to 1.0.2 and I have created a child theme from base theme 1.0 previously.

Now when I visit my website I see that the upgraded base theme does not load the child theme css anymore. (when debugging in firebug I only see the compiled css)

I have hower created a child theme with custom css.  What is going on?

Can I downgrade my base theme? or can I let the basetheme load the child theme css again?

Please let me now as soon as possible.

I have fixed it. should I rename the base theme standard folder? because accedentially it had updated the base-theme. Although it was loaded as a child theme on the pagelines framework.

If you've made your own child theme from the base theme and renamed it, the theme details should be renamed in the inside code to differentiate it from the base theme. That will protect it from accidental update in the future.

I seem to be having the same issue here.  As soon as I updated my pagelines framework, I started noticing add CSS issues and when I look at the source via firebug, all the styles that I need to update are now in the compiled css.  Is this standard and if I want to make changes, do I make them in the compiled css file or do I add new styles to the base theme's style.css?

Don't worry about compiled CSS. As the name implies, it simply means that the sources of CSS in the site are compiled into one place, simplifying the load process.

You add CSS, as normal, via the child theme's stylesheet, via the PageLines Customize plugin's stylesheet or, via Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code. Any customized code should override any found in the compiled CSS when your site renders in browser.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pagelines crashed, how do I update?
      By David Lamoureux+
      Here's the site, but that's not what it's suppose to look like. I tried to log in but the theme was crashed. I then went into the DB and changed the theme to WP 2013. I assume that by updating the pagelines theme all will be well again. I've downloaded DMS 2.2, but I don't know how to install that. Please help. I need to communicate with the 100's of people who've signed up in the last week. Thanks. 
    • Basic Child Theme
      By dawsonbarber+
      I want to install a basic child theme on a site I'm switching from iBlogPro6 to PL5 and want to make sure I've got the minimum covered:
      screenshot.png style.css functions.php That's it, isn't it?
    • Pagelines won't apply changes + Pagelines Won't Load after recent Update
      By Mac808
      - was trying to submit changes yesterday but it won't apply them at all.
      - I updated pagelines to as notified, now pagelines won't load at all. 
      site: projectmanbeyond.com 
      Pls help. Thanks
      By jennajonesdesign
      Hi Guys!
      The past week I have been having a problem updating all of my PageLines stuff. On all of my sites I have the PageLines updater installed. So I get prompted to update. 
      I proceed to update and then get this message:
      I thought it might be specific to that one site, but now 3 sites have given me that error. Some are hosted with me through FlyWheel and others are hosted through other companies. Some sites have a ton of plugins and some are stripped down to just the basics. Not sure what the problem is. I am getting this message from all PageLines plugins and theme. I am trying to update to DMS2.1.9.5 
      Update Failed
      There was a problem getting the updated file from the PageLines server.
      Possible reasons for a failed downloadFor all user account requests please start a ticket by emailing the support desk
    • Update: DMS1 (free) to DMS2
      By flexadesign
      I have an old site running on the free version of DMS1
      you guessed it, ...
      I want to update to DMS2
      is it possible?
      or do i have to build 80% again?