pdean

photos displaying sideways on iPad

pdean    1
pdean

Photos in my Postloop that load correctly on my laptop (both Chrome and Firefox) display sideways on my iPad.

Photos in boxes load correctly.

I have not disabled mobile viewing.

I started a thread on Wordpress on this issue, as well.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

pdean    1
pdean

Different site, one that's behind a coming-soon page:

rivendellwriterscolony.org 

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, I will need access to the blog page inorder to see your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny    1,327
Danny

No, I still see the splash page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pdean    1
pdean

Should I send you the login and password privately?

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello pdean 

If you could send the credentials to hello@pagelines.com we will be able to investigate further for you. If you could paste the link to this article in the email that will help speed things up a bit.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

catrina    103
catrina

We received your log-in. To avoid confusion, we will keep all communication about the issue here. I don't have an iPad so I can't see the issue, but what happens if you activate a different theme (like Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve)? Do the images in postloop still display sideways on iPad?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

James B    436
James B

Hi there, I only have a iphone but have logged in on there to test and the images are showing the correct way up, in either portrait or landscape mode.

Are you taking the images on an iphone or ipad? I've just seen this post which says its can display the images based on the image meta - http://www.inqbation.com/pictures-look-sideways-in-apple/

Moderators - login details added to admin notes if anyone can test on an ipad

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pdean    1
pdean

Hi, I'm pretty sure those photos were indeed taken with an iphone. I'll try the screenshot method.

Thanks so much!

Rob    547
Rob

Keep us posted.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pdean    1
pdean

Hi Mods,

Taking screenshots with Jing worked like a charm. Thanks so much!