BlueSkyCreative

Date Icon to spice up theme

BlueSkyCreative+    5
BlueSkyCreative

Hi there, I have been working on a new site and playing with font awesome, but would like to have fancy date icons instead of the date text next to recent posts and posts.. like here 

http://wpmu.org/how-to-use-date-icons-to-spice-up-your-wordpress-theme-make-it-unique/

Is there an easy way of doing this with pagelines or is it a cool idea for you guys to make a plugin to do it?

thanks in advance for advice :)

James B    436
James B

Hi there, yes its a good idea for a plugin.

If I understand you correctly you'll need to remove the shortcode option for the date in the meta bar and then apply the new code with the calendar style image as a background?

If you're confident with php I would imagine the only you'd be able to do this using a hook/filter in the meta bar area to change/edit the way the content displays and then assign the background image using css behind the text.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

BlueSkyCreative+    5
BlueSkyCreative

Hi James,

Thanks for reply. No Im' not great at php I can bodge my way around lol I use a developer alot for that kind of thing, which is why I love pagelines but my styles and designs are getting more adventurous hence my post.

I may get him to look at making me a pagelines plugin for it, if someone doesnt do it soon...

cheers

Paul

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Paul,

This could be possible with the use of a hook. However, as James mentioned you would probably want to remove the date from the Metabar. I recommend you read our hooks documentation, which should assist you.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/hooks/

If you're uncomfortable with hooks, you're free to contact one of our Pros, who will be happy to assist you.

http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

BlueSkyCreative+    5
BlueSkyCreative

Hi Danny

Thanks for that I will take a look later today :)

Rob    547
Rob

Great. Keep us posted.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur