Sign in to follow this  
espartaco

Hooker plugin - How to use specific features.

espartaco    0
espartaco

Hi all,

I've just bought the hooker plugin because I am interesting into adding custom js to some of my post/pages.

I have seen here [http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/hooker/#] the next features:

1. Assign hooks to specific pages/posts easily.
  2. Toggle hooks on/off.

The question is... how? Because when I am creating a new Hook (using this plugin), I can select many locations but I can not see my actual pages or post...

Any advice?

Thanks.

post-45911-0-74994900-1363783908_thumb.p

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi Espartaco 

Install the free Action-Map plugin to see where WordPress and PageLines actions are included in the templates live on the page. http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/pagelines-action-map/

Once activated, when you are logged in and view your site you will see an ‘action map on or off’ button on the admin bar. http://d.pr/i/weQ

Toggle on or off to see the available hooks.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

espartaco    0
espartaco

Hi Martin,

First of all thank you for your quick response.

Playing with the plugin(creating one hook and delete it) I think I broke something (quite common situation  :D ). Right now if the plugin is activated I am getting this error when I try to load my web:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_menu() on a non-object in /..../..../wp-content/plugins/hooker/hooker.php on line 44

How can I solve this problem?? After solve it I'll try your notes.

Other question, I have been trying other of your plugins (Simply Custom) which is more intuitive for me, but when I try to inject a simple alert('Hello world'); it doesn't work, nothing happens. Why?? Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

anlinares    1
anlinares

I just installed the Hooker plugin and am getting the same Fatal Error

anlinares    1
anlinares

Just found this on another thread:

edit hooker.php line 42 to read: if ( current_user_can('edit_theme_options') && is_object( $wp_admin_bar ) ) {

James B    436
James B

Did the above work for you?

I think this error was related to the admin bar being disabled, Simon is pushing a fix for this.

Please see - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/26032-using-hooker-on-wp-engine-hosted-site-turns-site-blank/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

espartaco    0
espartaco

Thanks James!

Simon patch solve the problem. With the 1.3 version is working. 

Anyway, I'll still interested in the "simply plugin" custom plugin. 

I have attached one screenshot which represent the edit menu of one of my web's page.

Both custom code (HTML and JS) are not working... he question is... why??

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

post-45911-0-73657800-1363854803_thumb.p

espartaco    0
espartaco

Thanks Danny, in that case I am going to make focus on the Hooks solution (Simply plugin looks like abandoned).

The only thing that I need to find out is how can I create hooks for specific pages? Any link to some documentation or example?

I know with the "Action-map" plugin allows me all the hooks available, and with the Hookers plugin I can create hookers, but I don't know how  I can associate to one concrete page.

If you have any advise, are more than welcome :) .

Thanks!.

espartaco    0
espartaco

Thanks again,

I'll take a look into everything. This concept is new for me, I've been trying to avoid do something with php, but I think is worth learn the basic.

I am full experience J2EE (GWT) developer and in that way I can inject my modules with a RestFul API into the PageLines' CMS in safe way.

Regards.

espartaco    0
espartaco
Hi again,

quick question, how can I inject JS? I have attached one picture.

The plugin seems to work but instead of executing the JS I see the "alert('Hello world');" in the web!

Also if I put this code inside <script> tags it doesn't work as well (also it stop other pluins...)

Thanks.

post-45911-0-58053100-1363868753_thumb.p

espartaco    0
espartaco
<style>
	#bbpress-forums{
  		color:yellow !important;
		display : none;
	}
</style>

<script>
	alert("test");
	$(document).ready(function() {
            alert("test2");
 	});

//jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	//	alert("test 3);
	//});
</script> 

Ok I think I have a couple of examples working. The only problem is I don't know how can I use jQuery after the document is loaded (the first alert test works).

This code works if I introduced it in the header oft he page (via PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code ) but inside a hook no chance.

Any advise?

Thanks.

espartaco    0
espartaco

Never mind, solve it!

Thanks anyway.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Would you mind sharing so other users who may have a similar issue, can use this as a resource.

Please search our forums, before posting!