dawsonbarber

Using Hooker on WP Engine Hosted Site Turns Site Blank

dawsonbarber+    19
dawsonbarber

I just installed Hooker on a site using the Base child theme and, after activating it and navigating to the front end of the site, I saw that it went blank.

The backend was fine so I deactivated Hooker and the front-end of the site returned to normal.

I deactivated all plugins, reactivated Hooker, and the front-end of the site went blank again.

It's hosted on WP Engine, which comes with a staging area that basically disables their caching and their optimization technology.

I've tested it on a staging area for the site, with all plugins disabled except Hooker, and get a mostly blank page on the front-end with the following message (that I wasn't seeing on the live site):

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_menu() on a non-object in /nas/wp/www/staging/dawsonsites/wp-content/plugins/hooker/hooker.php on line 44

I've tried switching from the Base theme to Pagelines, but there's no change.

I'm all out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Simon    247
Simon

Do you have the adminbar disabled for your user?

dawsonbarber+    19
dawsonbarber

Hi Simon

Yes it was disabled. Reading between the lines, I enabled it and have activated Hooker and the "blank page" problem appears to have been solved.

Is there anything else that I need to do - or is the problem solved?

Cheers

Simon    247
Simon

I'll release a fix ;) leave this topic unsolved to remind me :)

dawsonbarber+    19
dawsonbarber

cool, thanks, Simon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• webmktco
      By webmktco+
      I'm getting the following errors when trying to add hooks:

Here's the debug info: http://www.stackdental.com/?pldebug=1
      Core, themes, and plugins are up to date.

• art23130
      By art23130+
      We had a very nice shortcodes library and hooker in the previous version of the platform. But in the version 5 they are missing. 
      So are you going to improve it again in future or no they are not supported anymore? 
      and one more question, what do you suggest for sharing bar which we had in DMS2 ?
      Thanks for your effort 
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight+
      We add phone number to the top right of sites using hooker (example http://hub.theasap.org.uk/) but it's not responsive. Is there a better way to add here, which would be responsive?
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      Trying PL5 on a new WP Engine hosted installation (using a child theme for PL framework) with SSL cert and style is "gone."
    • kellid
      By kellid
      Hello, 
      I'm in a dramatic situation.  I have a live site that is totally screwed up and I'm in desperate need to fix it asap.  The site was originally build with Pagelines but have made several upgrades through the years.  With the latest WP upgrade, somehow the action loop I was using on my homepage came through dramatically wrong and not sure how to fix the problem.  I have the Hooker plugin and in need of finding the action map to figure out where to implement the loop and fix the problem.  I found the action map plugin stored on an old hardrive but when activated, I got an error so I quickly deleted it.  I can't find a download or instructions on this anywhere, only broken links and no documentation.   
      Can you please direct me to the action map to use the hooker that I already have or show me the documentation to use this product?  
      Thank you