Sign in to follow this  
kareemtaylor

Adsense keeps saying 'Page Not Found' since installation of Pagelines

kareemtaylor    0
kareemtaylor

Hi,

I've been wondering why relevant ads haven't been displaying on my site. Well, according to AdSense, it's because they cannot crawl my pages. It's saying "http://kareemtaylor.com/" is a "page not found". This has only been true since the installation of Pagelines. Not sure what that does to the domain or accessibility of the domain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Kareem

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Kareem,

I've been an AdSense publisher for years, and haven't experienced this at all.

Could you do a few things please to help us resolve this?

1.  Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and simply Save without changing anything. This is is important as changes can make more issues you may have to deal with later. Just saving will make your links update.

2.  Tell us how you applied the ad code? Did you apply it via a text widget in the sidebar?

3.  Could you explain what is saying that your page cannot be found? Is this some error code you're getting from some source? If so, where?

Thanks for your help in diagnosing this issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kareemtaylor    0
kareemtaylor

Saved without changing anything.

I applied the ad code by copying it from AdSense and pasting it into a sidebar widget. Not sure what the error is, Google AdSense just says that the page isn't found. Below are screenshots:

Here is what Google AdSense is saying: http://kareemtaylor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Screen-shot-2013-03-17-at-2.05.37-PM.png

Here is the sidebar text widget: http://kareemtaylor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Screen-shot-2013-03-17-at-2.04.54-PM.png

Rob    547
Rob

Kareem,

Your ad code looks fine, but I suspect this might have to do with the canonical for your site.  Google might be looking for www.kareemtaylor.com and you have it structured as http://kareem.... without the canonical. Check your AdSense setup.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• alisamski
      By alisamski+
      Is there a way I can put one of these quicksliders inside a widget or sidebar?

I would like to have several ads rotating without having to use an external plugin?

Please advise..

• rijans
      By rijans
      When placing ads with "google Publisher Plugin", the plugin shows the following error! (check attached img too) But my caching plugin is already disabled! 

Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again.
      The most likely reason is that you are using a WordPress cache plugin. If this is the case, please follow the plugin's instructions to clear the cache and then try again.         
      Can anyone figure out what's wrong?
    • climbur
      By climbur
      I am brand new to PageLines and am using it to build Climbur.com. What's the best way to add in the tagline, ad space and social sharing buttons on my Photoshop design to the header region of my PL site? You can see the PSD file screenshot attached. 

Not sure where to start--boxes, banners, etc... 

Thanks so much for checking this out and adding your suggestions!

• cfimortgage
      By cfimortgage
      I am working to make my site work better with mobile browsers and I also wanted to place a floating ad along the bottom like I see on many sites. It would appear that Google changed their ad unit from a normal ad the site of a mobile screen to a completely different ad modem that is very code driven. They give you the option of either PHP or JSP but it isnt the easy to edit code they used. Plus instead of having the control of being able to place it somewhere on your page it seems to place it right at the top and I cant figure out a way around that.

I placed the PHP code directly into the functions page and it just worked but again with no control by me. I would like to use a hook or something to better control its position. I tried CSS but the control holding the iframe has a randomly generated name so I cant really apply CSS to it. When I attempt to put Either the PHP or the JSP into a function to call as an "add_action" it gives me errors. Could anyone give me some idea of how to add this where I might have a little more control of its location or the best way to add it to pagelines customize.

This is the PHP version:
      <?php $GLOBALS['google']['client']='ca-mb-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; $GLOBALS['google']['https']=read_global('HTTPS'); $GLOBALS['google']['ip']=read_global('REMOTE_ADDR'); $GLOBALS['google']['markup']='xhtml'; $GLOBALS['google']['output']='xhtml'; $GLOBALS['google']['ref']=read_global('HTTP_REFERER'); $GLOBALS['google']['slotname']='6199803051'; $GLOBALS['google']['url']=read_global('HTTP_HOST') . read_global('REQUEST_URI'); $GLOBALS['google']['useragent']=read_global('HTTP_USER_AGENT'); $google_dt = time(); google_set_screen_res(); google_set_muid(); google_set_via_and_accept(); function read_global($var) { return isset($_SERVER[$var]) ? $_SERVER[$var]: ''; } function google_append_url(&$url, $param, $value) { $url .= '&' . $param . '=' . urlencode($value); } function google_append_globals(&$url, $param) { google_append_url($url, $param, $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } function google_append_color(&$url, $param) { global $google_dt; $color_array = explode(',', $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); google_append_url($url, $param, $color_array[$google_dt % count($color_array)]); } function google_set_screen_res() { $screen_res = read_global('HTTP_UA_PIXELS'); if ($screen_res == '') { $screen_res = read_global('HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_SCREENPIXELS'); } if ($screen_res == '') { $screen_res = read_global('HTTP_X_JPHONE_DISPLAY'); } $res_array = preg_split('/[x,*]/', $screen_res); if (count($res_array) == 2) { $GLOBALS['google']['u_w']=$res_array[0]; $GLOBALS['google']['u_h']=$res_array[1]; } } function google_set_muid() { $muid = read_global('HTTP_X_DCMGUID'); if ($muid != '') { $GLOBALS['google']['muid']=$muid; return; } $muid = read_global('HTTP_X_UP_SUBNO'); if ($muid != '') { $GLOBALS['google']['muid']=$muid; return; } $muid = read_global('HTTP_X_JPHONE_UID'); if ($muid != '') { $GLOBALS['google']['muid']=$muid; return; } $muid = read_global('HTTP_X_EM_UID'); if ($muid != '') { $GLOBALS['google']['muid']=$muid; return; } } function google_set_via_and_accept() { $ua = read_global('HTTP_USER_AGENT'); if ($ua == '') { $GLOBALS['google']['via']=read_global('HTTP_VIA'); $GLOBALS['google']['accept']=read_global('HTTP_ACCEPT'); } } function google_get_ad_url() { $google_ad_url = 'http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?'; google_append_url($google_ad_url, 'dt', round(1000 * array_sum(explode(' ', microtime())))); foreach ($GLOBALS['google'] as $param => $value) { if (strpos($param, 'color_') === 0) { google_append_color($google_ad_url, $param); } else if (strpos($param, 'url') === 0) { $google_scheme = ($GLOBALS['google']['https'] == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://'; google_append_url($google_ad_url, $param, $google_scheme . $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } else { google_append_globals($google_ad_url, $param); } } return $google_ad_url; } $google_ad_handle = @fopen(google_get_ad_url(), 'r'); if ($google_ad_handle) { while (!feof($google_ad_handle)) { echo fread($google_ad_handle, 8192); } fclose($google_ad_handle); } ?> This is the JSP version:
      <%@ page import="java.io.BufferedReader, java.io.InputStreamReader, java.io.IOException, java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException, java.net.URL, java.net.URLEncoder, java.util.ArrayList, java.util.List" %> <%! private static final String PAGEAD = "http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?"; private void googleAppendUrl(StringBuilder url, String param, String value) throws UnsupportedEncodingException { if (value != null) { String encodedValue = URLEncoder.encode(value, "UTF-8"); url.append("&").append(param).append("=").append(encodedValue); } } private void googleAppendColor(StringBuilder url, String param, String value, long random) { String[] colorArray = value.split(","); url.append("&").append(param).append("=").append( colorArray[(int)(random % colorArray.length)]); } private void googleAppendScreenRes(StringBuilder url, String uaPixels, String xUpDevcapScreenpixels, String xJphoneDisplay) { String screenRes = uaPixels; if (screenRes == null) { screenRes = xUpDevcapScreenpixels; } if (screenRes == null) { screenRes = xJphoneDisplay; } if (screenRes != null) { String[] resArray = screenRes.split("[x,*]"); if (resArray.length == 2) { url.append("&u_w=").append(resArray[0]); url.append("&u_h=").append(resArray[1]); } } } private void googleAppendMuid(StringBuilder url, List<String> muids) { for (String muid : muids) { if (muid != null) { url.append("&muid=").append(muid); return; } } } private void googleAppendViaAndAccept(StringBuilder url, String via, String accept) throws UnsupportedEncodingException { googleAppendUrl(url, "via", via); googleAppendUrl(url, "accept", accept); } %> <% long googleDt = System.currentTimeMillis(); StringBuilder googleAdUrlStr = new StringBuilder(PAGEAD); googleAdUrlStr.append("&client=ca-mb-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"); googleAdUrlStr.append("&dt=").append(googleDt); googleAppendUrl(googleAdUrlStr, "ip", request.getRemoteAddr()); googleAdUrlStr.append("&markup=xhtml"); googleAdUrlStr.append("&output=xhtml"); googleAppendUrl(googleAdUrlStr, "ref", request.getHeader("Referer")); String googleUrl = request.getRequestURL().toString(); if (request.getQueryString() != null) { googleUrl += "?" + request.getQueryString().toString(); } googleAdUrlStr.append("&slotname=6199803051"); googleAppendUrl(googleAdUrlStr, "url", googleUrl); String googleUserAgent = request.getHeader("User-Agent"); googleAppendUrl(googleAdUrlStr, "useragent", googleUserAgent); googleAppendScreenRes(googleAdUrlStr, request.getHeader("UA-pixels"), request.getHeader("x-up-devcap-screenpixels"), request.getHeader("x-jphone-display")); List<String> googleMuids = new ArrayList<String>(); googleMuids.add(request.getHeader("X-DCMGUID")); googleMuids.add(request.getHeader("X-UP-SUBNO")); googleMuids.add(request.getHeader("X-JPHONE_UID")); googleMuids.add(request.getHeader("X-EM-UID")); googleAppendMuid(googleAdUrlStr, googleMuids); if (googleUserAgent == null || googleUserAgent.length() == 0) { googleAppendViaAndAccept(googleAdUrlStr, request.getHeader("Via"), request.getHeader("Accept")); } try { URL googleAdUrl = new URL(googleAdUrlStr.toString()); BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader(googleAdUrl.openStream(), "AUTO_DETECT")); for (String line; (line = reader.readLine()) != null;) { out.println(line); } } catch (IOException e) {} %>
    • zetanet
      By zetanet+
      On site front page I would like to add Adsense ads to morefoot or footer, but I always get some grey squares; I use the same code I wrote in Primary/Secondary Sidebar, that works. Where could it be the problem?