davestolte

Inconsistency between desktop and iOS

davestolte

I recently switched one of my websites (http://homebarbasics.com) from the old Platform Pro to PageLines Framework. There were a couple snags I was able to work out, but one remains: 

The content area clips off on the right-hand side under iOS (iPhone & iPad the same, portrait or landscape view).

The site is set up as Static with Pixel Width, Fixed Width Mode.

Any idea what might be causing this and where to fix it? Two screen grabs attached showing the difference on the right side of the frame.

post-10442-0-85800300-1363371036_thumb.ppost-10442-0-13509000-1363371123_thumb.j

James B

Hi there,

There could be a couple of things that could cause this, have you added any css which uses negative margins or removes the padding/margins from the main content area? To test if its the css, remove your css and check the standard layout to see if this corrects itself.

Also disable any third party plugins to see if something there which is affecting the layout.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

davestolte

Thanks for the reply, James. I tried deleting my custom CSS (which enforces a 0 padding so the custom navigation bar butts up with the edge of the content area) - that did not affect the right-hand indent/clipping under iOS.

Also deactivated all plugins and tested again to no effect.

Any further ideas? Again, this only appeared after I changed from Platform Pro to PageLines Framework.

Rob

Hi,

PlatformPro didn't use the same responsive systems as PageLines Framework. I suspect that your sidebar content has a fixed width due to the images.

We have a plugin called Browser Specific CSS, which could help you to adjust the CSS specifically for mobile devices to ensure the positioning of each element is the same as the rest of the browser views. You can find the free plugin at Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Plugins > Top Free.

Using Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool will help you identify the sidebar and applicable code for its position.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur