Sign in to follow this  
x69chen

Could my codes in PHP file using PageLines shortcodes?

catrina

I'm sorry, can you please elaborate further on what you're trying to do with the shortcodes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

x69chen

I'm sorry, can you please elaborate further on what you're trying to do with the shortcodes?

I want to created some php files and upload them to the host by the file manager directly.

and i want to use css codes to make them looks better.

So i want to ask if I could use the PageLines shotcodes in these php files.

Btw, the Wordpress/PageLines could only create html files, which couldn't access into my database directly right?

James B

Hi there, sorry I'm not really following what you to do. You've created some code that your uploading to your site, but outside of pagelines. You want to use the css from our button shortcodes to styles some of the items inside the code you're writing?

If that's correct then I can see no reason that won't work. The shortcode buttons are all styled by adding a class to the button, the css/code behind it is direct from bootstrap.

If you want to add the code directly you can find a reference to the css from bootstrap - http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

The database you're referring to, is this your mysql database or something custom you're creating on the site to hold additional data?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

x69chen

Hi James, Thanks for helping.

I am trying to use the Accordion feature of the the PageLines, but it does not work

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<?php
// Create connection
$con = mysqli_connect("localhost", "name", "password", "db");

// Check connection
if (mysqli_connect_errno())
	{
	echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
	}

$drink = mysqli_query($con, "SELECT * FROM Product WHERE P_class='drink'");
$bread = mysqli_query($con, "SELECT * FROM Product WHERE P_class='bread'");

echo "[pl_accordion name=accordion][pl_accordioncontent name=accordion number=1 heading=DRINKS]";
echo "$drink->P_name [/pl_accordioncontent]";

echo "[pl_accordioncontent name=accordion number=2 heading=Bread]";
echo "$bread->P_name [/pl_accordioncontent] [/pl_accordion]";

mysqli_close($con);
?>
</body>
</html>

I will save these codes as a php file and upload directly.

Could you help me simply how I should do to make the codes work?

I am sorry I am self-study about website develop and PHP part is a bit messy to me.

And sorry if I make any misunderstanding

And yes, I am referring to mysql database ("phpmyAdmin") on the host.

Could you help me?

Danny

HI,

If I understand correctly, you're attempting to use PageLines shortcode on a external page(s), that are not created via Wordpress. If this is the case, we will not be able to provide assistance with this as it is not an issue related to PageLines Framework.

I recommend you contact one of our Pros and see if they're able to assist. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!