Custom Logo Appears Huge with Firefox Only

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, I am experiencing a problem with my site's custom logo. It looks great everywhere else except Firefox where it appears HUGE. I think the browser is not resizing it down for some reason and it appears in its actual size. All other elements look as they should. Any ideas? Thank you!!

Hi there, I'm using firefox and can see the logo appearing like this -

Can you please screenshot what you're seeing, which version of firefox are you on?

Thank you for answering James! What you see is a "coming soon" version, you need to be signed in in order to see the site. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that in my message.

I wonder if there is a way to show my site only to you without making it available for everybody else?

Re: the logo problem, I just upgraded my Firefox and it fixed the problem miraculously, not sure what was the problem... but if it was old Firefox version, thank you for the hint!

I do have another problem though. I would like to make a menu background like the one in the picture. I would like it to take the whole width of the page from left to right, not leaving white space on the sides. I'm trying to do this with the branding menu. I will also need to move the menu to the center.

Could you advice me what would be the easiest way to achieve this?

This goal is best addressed by using the Nav Classic menu, and using CSS to set a background.

Do you have Firebug for Firefox or know how to use Chrome's Inspection Tool?  Are you familiar with CSS styling?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Increasing Logo size and font size, Where and how?
      By Lucas+
      Hi there! i was trying to increase the logo size and the font size on the Navi Bar. I've already read some other topics about this question, and let me tell you that i'm a little bit unexperienced on this topic. I don't know where exactly i have to insert the CSS code to modify this aspect. Here there is an screenshot of where i'm triying to add the code. Sorry for probably a very obvious question and thank you.

• DMS editor timeout in Chrome - how reinstall safely?
      By jeomiland+
      Was on the phone with client yesterday reviewing the site and the server slowed way down. Did a couple updates that may not have taken. Now cannot get back into the DMS editor for  I can see the site in chrome and firefox but the background image is no longer there. Can get into dashboard in chrome and firefox. Cannot get into DMS editor in chrome - get "Oops, There may be an issue loading." error no matter how many times I try.  My internet connection is not the fastest, but I can access other sites I've built in DMS - just not
      My question is,
      1) is there a safe way to reinstall DMS that will not trash the work done on the site? 
      2) Is there a way to see if something in the database got corrupted and how to fix? Since I can't get into DMS editor, can't get to the Flush Cache page to try that.
      Just turned on
      define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    • clickable Media Box logo above Nav bar
      By jeomiland+
      Thanks to some great feedback from a forum member and reconfiguring page design, I've got a media box in upper left of a site, small nav area right of that, then a nav bar area below that. What's best section to use for a simple clickable logo graphic you want to take users to home page? Don't see a place to set destination URL in Media Box attributes?
    • Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?
    • Logo doesn't update
      By Digital805
      Hi, I just upgraded to WHPro6 and cannot seem to do the simple task of updating the logo. Is there a back end way to do it or does it have to be done in DMS Editor? I select the logo and publish and I get nothing. There is no 'save' button and 'publish' just removes my logo selection. 
      Syncs with element also does nothing.