Sign in to follow this  
pkonieczny

Multiple carousels - not showing

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Hi, 

I want to have 5 carousels, each showing photos from different post category. Right now only one is showing up, unless all pull from the same category. Could you please help? 

Thank you, 

Monika

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Yes. I cloned 5 carousels in D&D section. They all are visible when I assign "show all" category, but as soon as I change this only one shows and rest dissapears.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, can you send us a link to the page in question, it could be that there's a clash in the js between the different carousels.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B    436
James B

Hi Monika

I only see one slider on that page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Only one is showing, but I cloned 5 carousels and they show in meta settings for that page. Right now they pull from different post categories, that's why one is visible. Should I change it to "show all" for all 5 of them, so they all show? Will this help?

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Hi again, 

I created second page http://www.natalerzu.com/gallery-2/ 

The only difference between those two pages is that carousels are pulling from different categories and in the Gallery 2 (page I just created) they have "show all" set instead of categories. I don't know why they dissapear just after I assign post category..

Thank you for your help, 

Monika

James B    436
James B

Right, i see what you mean. I'll need to speak to one of our developers and ask them to take a look at that and see whats happening.

If you could leave both those pages active for me for the time being. Once I've heard back from them I'll be able to advise further.

James B

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Sounds good. Thank you for your help. 

Monika

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Monika,

Please disable all non-PageLines plugins, as I am unable to recreate your issue.

http://cl.ly/image/3q093P2D200S

Please search our forums, before posting!

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Hi Danny, 

I deactivated all plugins and still have the same problem. Is there anything else I can do? 

James B    436
James B

Hi Monika

Can you check you have enough images to fill each slider when using a single post category. I've spoken to our developer and if the slider doesn't have enough images to fill it then the javascript code will cause a conflict, which could be what you're seeing on your page.

James B

pkonieczny    0
pkonieczny

Hi James, 

It worked! I changed the number of displayed items to 3, which is the minimum number of posts for category, and it worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards,

Monika

James B    436
James B

That's brilliant Monika, glad it worked :-)

James B