Sign in to follow this  
eglashcreative

WPML navbar customization

eglashcreative+    2
eglashcreative

Hi everyone,

Here's my first post - I'm a newly signed-up web developer.

I'm creating a bilingual site for a client and am using WPML for multilingual use.

The client would like the language switcher to be located flush right on the navbar (I'm using the Standard). I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of the best way to accomplish this in Pagelines, as I'm looking for a better way than just using divs and positioning.

Many thanks in advance.

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi eglashcreative 

can you provide us with a link to your site please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

catrina    103
catrina

I think using DIVs would be the most straightforward way, although WPML wouldn't end up on NavBar this way (it'd probably have to be in the header just above the NavBar).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

eglashcreative+    2
eglashcreative

Thanks Catrina. And on that topic, is there an easy way on Pagelines to insert that div code for the language switcher into each page without repeating the code on every page? Thanks.

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

eglashcreative+    2
eglashcreative

We can close this topic; I found an option buried in WPML (maybe this will help someone else out):

Display the language switcher in the WP Menu

Thanks for all the help!

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

James B    436
James B

Thanks for posting the answer.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA
    • mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh
      I am trying to get WPML working on my Pagelines instance. I am interested in getting help from anyone that has tried, especially @claudedagenais who seams to have it working.
      My issues are:
      How to translate header and footer How to get the menu to show all nav even if not translated How to get non-translated posts /pages to show up when only in default language - true for Masonry, Newsfront, and other list showing items... I have zero skills in PHP and its my site for my company. 
      note: Multi-lingual is a business decision and is required. I have vetted all of the multi-lingual options and the only one fit for purpose is WPML. 
    • Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      How can you set the translations with platform5, the parts that are not in pages or posts? Texts and images…
    • PierreFF
      By PierreFF+
      Hello, 
      I have an issue with NavPro on mobile when the link of the menue is on the same page. 
      Here is my website: http://foundersofthefuture.co
      The isssue comes from the fact that in my menue most of the items send somewhere else on the same page using anchor link (eg. #container_u788888). 
      This works well on desktop but on mobile, nothing happens when clicking on the link. One of the link of the menue of the homepage "France" sends to another page of the website and this one works well even on mobile. 
      I am using the Pagelines framework theme and also used a wordpress plugin (jQuery Smooth Scroll) for smooth scrolling . 
      Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if I need to provide more information. 
      Best,
      Pierre