Sign in to follow this  
danielputumayotourscom

EcoPro: Child Pages added as sub menus

danielputumayotourscom

I would like to know how I can make the submenus appear under parents. Check this out: http://www.putumayotours.com/cities/medellin/day-trips-from-medellin/santa-fe-de-antioquia I would like to be able to see were the current sub navigation is for Cities on the Medellin Page: Day Trips and any other sub menus that are children pages of Medellin. Then under Day Trips, I would like to see all the Children Pages of Day Trips, such as Santa Fe de Antioquia, and from there have all the children pages show in the sub menu. Is this possible? Thank you for our help!

catrina

Hello, Are there children pages that exist for "Day Trips from Medellin"? If so, they should automatically pop up as children from the sub menu link.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danielputumayotourscom

They don't at the moment. I am referring to the menu items under the spotlight. I would like those to show the sub navigation that exists from the page on is on. Thanks! Daniel

cmunns

This is instead of using the grand-child nav widget there on the right??

danielputumayotourscom

Yes, I can se that the navigation show up on the right on the sidebar. I don't want it there. I want to see the navigation for children of the page that I am on the menu under the spotlight area. Thanks, Daniel

bryan-hadaway

Hold tight for continued developer support and bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

danielputumayotourscom

Thank you for looking into this. Daniel

cmunns

Use this code for your _sub_nav.php file instead of what's provided `

• <?php $thispage = $wp_query->post;?> <?php if($post->post_parent || wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0") || ($thispage->post_parent!=0) ):?>
  • <?php if($thispage->post_parent!=0) { wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0"); } else { wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$thispage->ID); } ?> <?php endif;?> <?php if( isset($post) && property_exists($post, 'ancestors') ) $ancestors_array = $post->ancestors; else $ancestors_array = array(); if( isset($post) && !is_search() && ($post->post_parent && wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0")) || count($ancestors_array) >= 2):?> <?php if(count($ancestors_array)==1){ $subnavpost = get_post($post->ID); $children = wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0&sort_column=menu_order"); }else{ $reverse_ancestors = array_reverse($ancestors_array); $subnavpost = get_post($reverse_ancestors[1]); $children = wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$reverse_ancestors[1]."&echo=0&sort_column=menu_order"); }?> <?php if ($children) { echo $children;}?> <?php endif;?>
` Then you'll have to hide or get rid of the sidebar widget for the nav to avoid redundancy

danielputumayotourscom

OK looks good so far! I'll let you know what happens once I create a second child menu. Thanks!

danielputumayotourscom

Ok, so it isn't working just yet. It's closer but not fully. See how now I have created a child page under El Penol? I would like that show under the page El Penol not the menu Day Trips from Medellin. I would like the menu under the spotlight to be continuously updating down the tree. Let me know if that is possible. Thanks! Daniel

cmunns

I basically combined the subnav with the grandchild nav widget to give you the code prior, but it becomes quite difficult to drill it down further.

danielputumayotourscom

What is your best recommendation?

bryan-hadaway

Hi Daniel, the developers are always hard at work, if they can't accommodate such an advanced feature in the support forum, you may consider contacting Anna anna(at)pagelines.com for a professional inquiry. Thanks, Bryan