Sign in to follow this  
qbusagentur

What' is the best workflow to change the markup of from the post title and meta bar? Custom Loop.

qbusagentur    0
qbusagentur

Hey guys,

i'm pretty new to all this wordpress framework stuff and now i want to change the post-markup of the title and metabar of the posts on a blog page.

What is the easiest way, to make my custom loop, with out all this frame work magic :D

Kind regards

Marten

James B    436
James B

Hi Marten

I'm not a developer so I wouldn't be able to tell you how to create a custom loop unfortunately, that type of customization is outside of our support spectrum. There are premium sections for custom loops, take a look at anyloop in the pagelines store.

What are the customizations you're looking to do? You want to edit the order how the title and metabar appears in the blog posts?

If so and you're confident with making changes with php you'd probably need to look into using a wordpress filter in order to change the display of the data, there's one for pagelines_meta_title

A full list of the hooks/filters can be found here - http://api.pagelines.com/hooks

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• bross51
      By bross51
      I was able to hide the metabar on the single post pages thanks to the included shortcodes however there are no shortcodes to hide the metabar on the remaining pages.  How can this be done?

Thanks for the help.
    • seanocaside21
      By seanocaside21+
      Hi Guys,
      I am using category page to display all posts from a single category. However each post has a child category that separates each post into individual categories, in this case by county.
      Basically i am wondering is it possible to hide the parent category from the meta bar and just show the child?
      Thanks,
      Seán
    • sethoof
      By sethoof
      I am trying to post research paper abstracts for a client and have created a custom post type for doing so using Custom Post Type UI plugin. But I do not know how to customize the pagelines metabar in these posts to remove the date and comment link.  Ideally, I would replace these with some of the custom metadata (paper-author, paper-topic), but if that is not easy to do with custom css, I can just remove the metabar all together and put the info into the post content.

This is the code I want to change as identified by firebug.
      <div class="metabar">
      Posted <time class="date time published updated sc" datetime="2014-04-18T07:30:14+00:00">April 18, 2014</time> · <span class="post-comments sc"> <a href="http://cidrzfoundation.flywheelsites.com/paper/zambian-womens-attitudes-toward-mass-nevirapine-therapy-to-prevent-perinatal-transmission-of-hiv/#comments">Add Comment</a> </span> </div>   Thanks in advance for any help!
    • xavaireland
      By xavaireland
      I wrote a custom section to conduct a multi-taxonomy search for a client. The search functionality works perfectly but the pagination in the section doesnt - the loop shows the same results on every page. Any feedback is welcome

The code for the section.php is posted here:
      <?php /* Section: Tyrebroker Custom Product Search Author: Amit Wadhwa Author URI: http://xava.ie Description: A base section to be used to start new sections. Class Name: tbCustomSearch Demo: Version: 1.2 Filter: component */ /** * DMS Meta Info Tips // You can set the filter value to one of the following: component, layout, full-width, format, gallery , nav, slider, social, widgetized, misc // There are a few additional headers you can utlize. One of which is a full-width filter that forces the section full-width. The other is an active loading filter, which, when applied, doesn't require a page refresh for the section to show up. however, sections with javascript shouldn't use this. */ class tbCustomSearch extends PageLinesSection { const version = '1.2'; // Declares a version, used in tracking the version of the script. For some reason it's needed with DMS along with declaring true at the end of the script to force into the footer // READY TO USE VARIABLES // $this->id; section slug, in this case its nb-section // $this->base_url; the base url of the section // $this->base_dir; the base directory of the section // $this->images; create an /images directory in your section, then use this variable for the path // $this->screenshot; the section thumb // $this->splash; the section splash // $this->description get the description from the header // get_the_id(); retrieves the clone id of the section // RUNS ALL TIME - This loads all the time, even if the section isn't on the page. Stuff like actions and things can go here, as well as post type setup functions function section_persistent(){} // LOAD SCRIPTS function section_scripts(){ //wp_enqueue_script('script-name', $this->base_url.'/script.js', array('jquery'), self::version, true ); } // RUNS IN <HEAD> function section_head() { // Always use jQuery and never $ to avoid issues with other store products /* ?><script> jQuery(document).ready(function(){ }); </script><?php */ // This is only needed if you'll be using custom fonts // echo load_custom_font($this->opt('nb_custom_font'), '.target-class'); } // BEFORE SECTION - this adds a class to the section wrap. you can also put HTML here and it will run outside of the section, and before it function before_section_template( $location = '', $clone_id = null ) { //$this->wrapper_classes['background'] = 'special-class'; } // SECTION MARKUP - This is the function that outputs all the HTML onto the page. Put all your viewable content here function section_template() { //global $product, $post; global $my_products; $width = $_GET['width']; $aratio = $_GET['aratio']; $dia = $_GET['dia']; $paged=$_GET['paged']; if (!$paged){$paged = 1;} ?> <div class="bordered" style="margin-top:20px;"> <div class="row"> <span class="span12"> <span style="font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;display:inline; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">Search our stock for the cheapest fitted tyres in Dublin</span> </span> </div> <div class="row" style="margin-bottom: 0px;"> <div class="span12"> <form id="tyresearch" name="search" method="GET" action="http://www.tyrebroker.ie/your-search" style="margin: 0px"> <fieldset style="width:25%;display:inline"> <select name="width" style="width: 100%;"> <option value="0">Tyre Width</option><option value="135"<?php if ($width == 135) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>135</option><option value="145"<?php if ($width == 145) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>145</option><option value="155"<?php if ($width == 155) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>155</option><option value="165"<?php if ($width == 165) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>165</option><option value="175"<?php if ($width == 175) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>175</option><option value="185"<?php if ($width == 185) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>185</option><option value="195"<?php if ($width == 195) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>195</option><option value="205"<?php if ($width == 205) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>205</option><option value="215"<?php if ($width == 215) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>215</option><option value="225"<?php if ($width == 225) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>225</option><option value="235"<?php if ($width == 235) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>235</option><option value="245"<?php if ($width == 245) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>245</option><option value="255"<?php if ($width == 255) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>255</option><option value="265"<?php if ($width == 265) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>265</option><option value="275"<?php if ($width == 275) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>275</option><option value="285"<?php if ($width == 285) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>285</option><option value="295"<?php if ($width == 295) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>295</option><option value="305"<?php if ($width == 305) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>305</option><option value="315"<?php if ($width == 315) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>315</option><option value="325"<?php if ($width == 325) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>325</option> </select> </fieldset > <fieldset style="width:25%;display:inline"> <select name="aratio" style="width:100%"> <option value="0">Tyre Profile</option><option value="25"<?php if ($aratio == 25) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>25</option><option value="30"<?php if ($aratio == 30) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>30</option><option value="35"<?php if ($aratio == 35) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>35</option><option value="40"<?php if ($aratio == 40) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>40</option><option value="45"<?php if ($aratio == 45) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>45</option><option value="50"<?php if ($aratio == 50) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>50</option><option value="55"<?php if ($aratio == 55) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>55</option><option value="60"<?php if ($aratio == 60) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>60</option><option value="65"<?php if ($aratio == 65) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>65</option><option value="70"<?php if ($aratio == 70) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>70</option><option value="75"<?php if ($aratio == 75) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>75</option><option value="80"<?php if ($aratio == 80) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>80</option><option value="85"<?php if ($aratio == 85) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>85</option> </select> </fieldset > <fieldset style="width:25%;display:inline"> <select name="dia" style="width:100%"> <option value="0">Tyre Size</option><option value="8"<?php if ($dia == 8) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>8</option><option value="10"<?php if ($dia == 10) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>10</option><option value="12"<?php if ($dia == 12) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>12</option><option value="13"<?php if ($dia == 13) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>13</option><option value="14"<?php if ($dia == 14) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>14</option><option value="15"<?php if ($dia == 15) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>15</option><option value="16"<?php if ($dia == 16) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>16</option><option value="17"<?php if ($dia == 17) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>17</option><option value="18"<?php if ($dia == 18) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>18</option><option value="19"<?php if ($dia == 19) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>19</option><option value="20"<?php if ($dia == 20) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>20</option><option value="21"<?php if ($dia == 21) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>21</option><option value="22"<?php if ($dia == 22) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>22</option> </select> </fieldset > <fieldset style="width:15%;display:inline"> <input type="hidden" name="paged" value="1"> <input type="submit" value="Find Tyres" style="width:100%; vertical-align:bottom"/> </fieldset > </form> </div> </div> <div class="clear"></div> </div> <?php if ( ($_GET['width'] == 0) && ($_GET['aratio'] == 0) && ($_GET['dia'] == 0) ) { echo 'Please select a tyre size to search from or take a look at our most popular tyres.'; } else { if ($width && !$aratio && !$dia){ $aratiop = "--"; $diap = "--"; $my_products = new WP_Query( array( 'paged' => $paged, 'post_type' => 'product', 'tax_query' => array( 'relation' => 'AND', array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_width', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $width) ), 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'meta_key' => '_regular_price', 'order' => 'ASC' ) ); } else if ($width && $aratio && !$dia){ $aratiop = $aratio; $diap = "--"; $my_products = new WP_Query( array( 'paged' => $paged, 'post_type' => 'product', 'tax_query' => array( 'relation' => 'AND', array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_width', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $width), array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_aratio', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $aratio) ), 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'meta_key' => '_regular_price', 'order' => 'ASC' ) ); }else if ($width && $aratio && $dia){ $aratiop = $aratio; $diap = $dia; $my_products = new WP_Query( array( 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'meta_key' => '_regular_price', 'order' => 'ASC', 'paged' => $paged, 'post_type' => 'product', 'tax_query' => array( 'relation' => 'AND', array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_width', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $width), array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_aratio', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $aratio), array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_dia', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $dia) ) ) ); } if (!($my_products->have_posts())){ ?> <div class="notfound"> Your search for <?php echo $width;?>/<?php echo $aratiop; ?>R<?php echo $diap; ?> yielded no results<br> Please contact us for prices. </div> <?php }else{ $i=0; $numposts = $my_products->have_posts() ? sizeof($my_products->posts) : 0; $num_pages = $my_products->max_num_pages; // * sizeof($my_products->posts); ?> <div class="restitle" style="float:left"> Search Results for tyre sizes <?php echo $width; ?>/<?php echo $aratiop; ?>R<?php echo $diap; ?> </div><div style="float:right; display:inline">Page <?php echo $i+1; ?> of <?php echo $num_pages; ?></div>. </div> <div class="clear"></div> <p> <div id = "search_heading" class="row" style="border:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);padding:10px 0px;"> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>Brand</strong></div> <div class="span5" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>Product Details</strong></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>LR/SR<sup><a href="#notes">*</a></sup></strong></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>EU<sup><a href="#notes">**</a></sup></strong></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>Price</strong></div> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong> </strong></div> </div> <?php while ($my_products->have_posts()) : $my_products->the_post(); global $product; // get the terms related to post $brands = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_brand' ); foreach( $brands as $tyreBrand ) {$tyrebrand = $tyreBrand->name;} $widths = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_width' ); foreach( $widths as $tyreWidth ) {$tyrewidth = $tyreWidth->name;} $aratios = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_aratio' ); foreach( $aratios as $tyreAratio ) {$tyrearatio = $tyreAratio->name;} $dias = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_dia' ); foreach( $dias as $tyreDia ) {$tyredia = $tyreDia->name;} $euratings = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_eurating' ); if ($euratings){ foreach( $euratings as $tyreEU ){$tyreeu = $tyreEU->name;} }else{ $tyreeu = 'Not Supplied'; } $lspeds = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_lsped' ); foreach( $lspeds as $tyreLS ) {$tyrels = $tyreLS->name;} ?> <div id = "post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?> > <div class="prow-<?php echo $i; ?> row <?php if($i%2 == 0){echo "row-grey";} ?>" style="margin-bottom:0px;border-bottom:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);border-right:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);border-left:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);"> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo $tyrebrand; ?></span></a></div> <div class="span5" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo the_title(); ?></span></a></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo $tyrels; ?></span></a></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo $tyreeu; ?></span></a></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"> <span class="price"><?php echo $product->get_price_html(); ?></span></div> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"> <div class="product-avlb"> <?php if($product->is_in_stock() ) { $content = "[add_to_cart id=\"".$post->ID."\"]";?> <?php echo do_shortcode( $content ); ?> <form class="cart" method="post" enctype='multipart/form-data'> <?php do_action( 'woocommerce_before_add_to_cart_button' ); ?> <?php if ( ! $product->is_sold_individually() ) woocommerce_quantity_input( array( 'min_value' => apply_filters( 'woocommerce_quantity_input_min', 1, $product ), 'max_value' => apply_filters( 'woocommerce_quantity_input_max', $product->backorders_allowed() ? '' : $product->get_stock_quantity(), $product ) ) ); ?> <input type="hidden" name="add-to-cart" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $product->id ); ?>" /> <button type="submit" class="single_add_to_cart_button button-alt"><?php echo $product->single_add_to_cart_text(); ?></button> <?php do_action( 'woocommerce_after_add_to_cart_button' ); ?> </form> <?php } else { ?> <div style="align:right"><a id="not-in-stock-link" href="http://www.tyrebroker.ie/contact-us" class="button">Contact Us</a></div> <?php }?> </div> </div> </div> </div> <div class="clear"></div> <?php $i++; endwhile; } wp_reset_query(); if($my_products->max_num_pages>1){ ?> <nav class="woocommerce-pagination pager"> <?php echo paginate_links( apply_filters( 'woocommerce_pagination_args', array( 'base' => str_replace( 999999999, '%#%', get_pagenum_link( 999999999 ) ), 'format' => '', 'current' => max( 1, $paged), 'total' => $my_products->max_num_pages, 'prev_text' => '&larr;', 'next_text' => '&rarr;', 'type' => 'list', 'end_size' => 3, 'mid_size' => 3 ) ) ); ?> </nav> <?php } ?> <h3 class="headline">Can't find what you need, <a href="http://www.tyrebroker.ie/contact-us">contact us</a> for a quote.</h3> <div class="footnote">All tyrebroker.ie quotes are valid till the end of business on the date of the quote or until stocks last.</div><p></p> <?php } // call settings like so // $var = $this->opt($this->id.'_some_key'); // print iterated options - as of 1.1 } // RUNS IN <FOOTER> - This is just like using wp_footer so this stuffs will in the footer of your site function section_foot(){} // WELCOME MESSAGE - HTML content for the welcome/intro option field function welcome(){ ob_start(); ?><div style="font-size:12px;line-height:14px;color:#444;"><p><?php _e('You can have some custom text here.','nb-section');?></p></div><?php return ob_get_clean(); } // SECTION OPTIONS - draws out the section options. This symbol * denotes optional fields. } // that's it, that's the end of it. never put code past this area as it's then out of the class
    • rijans
      By rijans
      Why author link in metabar points to home site link? It should point to mysite.com/author/alex   ... right? but it is pointing to home page mysite.com . How do I solve this problem?