crushit

A Site like this (HTML) help?

crushit    0
crushit

We have developed a prototype site in HTML. We would like to create this in WP/Pagelines. The issue is the header you will see in the site   www.midwestwinespirits.com/nw2013

The header is a combination of two graphic files and a slider (jquery). So does anyone think I can create header area this in Pagelines?

Any ideas and direction would be helpful....

Thanks!

Tim

catrina    103
catrina

I think you'd be able to implement it using a hook (with help from this plugin: http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/hooker/). The graphics and the slider can be placed in the same area.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

crushit    0
crushit

Catrina, Thanks! I need to try and make this work. My CSS experience is not bad, but is not great yet either. I will give it a "shot". I may be back asking.....thanks again!

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Yes I think you'll be able to do this.

Just setup the page with the brandnav at the top and the slider under that in the header. Then use css to apply the main background (the wood effect) to the header area. Using a contentbox (free section from the pagelines store - like a blank container) place that in the drag and drop under the slider and place the html for your image of the wine bottles in that. Then use css to move the contentbox up so it slightly overlays the slider.

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B