Sign in to follow this  
dmgusa

Change Content Width Only

dmgusa    0
dmgusa

Hello--

I'd like my website to look like this: (see attached file)

This is what it looks like now:

http://peppersloughoutfitters.com/the-lodge/

I don't want the content to be all the way to the edge like that, BUT I do want the header to be full width like that. Is there a way to change the content width ONLY? 

Also, if you go to the main page: http://peppersloughoutfitters.com

The background doesn't even appear. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

post-40018-0-46228800-1363127808_thumb.j

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Ok you have a js error on the front page which is stopping the bg image from showing. If you disable your plugins it should come back, then you'll need to turn each one on, one by one to see which is causing the problem.

To get your logo/top banner to span the entire width of the site you'll need to use a css solution and change the set up of the site to 'full width' sections in the layout editor.

Once you've done that you'll be able to remove the logo you've uploaded from Pagelines>site options>website setup. Now you'll have a page with just the back on etc.

Then you'll need to apply a background to the header are of the site using css. If you've not used css in the framework before please check out - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Basically you'll be giving a new instruction to the header area using the background-image instruction.

#header {background-image: url(your url goes here);}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dmgusa    0
dmgusa

I tried disabling each plug in, but the background still never appeared. I'm at a complete loss.

Thanks-

catrina    103
catrina

Do you have the supersize background image option selected in Color Control?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dmgusa    0
dmgusa

Catrina-- Yes, I do. I tried deselecting it and it still doesn't appear. 

catrina    103
catrina

What happens if you upload the background image to just one page in PageLines Meta Settings (in the WP page editor)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dmgusa    0
dmgusa

I fixed it! For some reason the meta settings weren't showing up for a few days, but I checked back and they were there and I fixed the issue.

The header width issue is fixed as well.

Thank you.

My new issue though, is the NAV BAR. I've looked through the forums and tried so many different CSS codes, but nothing has altered its appearance.  I want to make it so that there is no background--just transparent. I also want to be able to move the nav bar below the header image.

Thanks!

James B    436
James B

Hi there, in order to set the navbar to transparent you'll need to set each color option in the css to none. It might be easier to use the classic nav option if you're looking for just a plain text navigation.

If you wish to keep the navbar, take a look at this thread which shows you the color options for the code in css, you'll need to set each one of these to none in order for it to be transparent - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/24634-fixed-navbar-css-for-changing-background-colour/?hl=fixed+nav+css#entry143608

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dmgusa    0
dmgusa

What am I doing wrong? It just stays black EVEN though I changed it to blue and put this code in. I'm at a loss here. I have "Navbar" in the drag and drop section  in the content area too. Maybe that's the issue? Thanks

.navbar.pl-color-blue {
    background-color: none;
    background-image: none;
    background-repeat: none;
    border-top-color: none;
    border-top-style: none;
    border-top-width: none;
}

James B    436
James B

Its showing on your site that the color is still set to black, try the below.

.navbar.pl-color-black-trans {

background-color: none !important;

background-image: none !important;

background-repeat: none !important;

border-top: none !important;

}

James B

dmgusa    0
dmgusa

Still shows a slight transparent background...  I wonder why. Is there a way to move the navbar below the header background?

James B    436
James B

Glad you got it resolved :-)

James B