Sign in to follow this  
g2om

Search Box

g2om

Hi! When I use the search box it brings up a blog page for results, how do I change the setting so it will show results in a non-formatted or non-blog formatted page? Thanks.

catrina

Hello, To clarify: you don't want the page of search results to show in the form of blog posts?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

g2om

The reason I was wanting to change the page format is because when the results are listed, there are areas for comments etc. I was thinking that a basic full width feature page would look nice. Thanks.

catrina

What page format would you like the results listed in? As a list of only the post title links?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

g2om

I would like the results to be listed in a full width page or even the default page is good. I just do not want the results to list in the blog format, so really, any other page layout would be cool.

catrina

In your files, the "search results" default template (search.php), which is the one you have now, is set to adapt the template for the blog posts as shown here:

<?php
	    get_header();
	    include(THEME_LIB.'/template_posts.php');
	    get_footer();
	?>

In order to change this default to a template that will display search results the way you want, you must create a separate PHP file with coding that will provide the format you're looking for and implement it in the search.php file. Does that make sense so far?

Designer | Catrina Dulay