alexisk

Full-width Masthead

alexisk    0
alexisk

Hi everyone,

I've been working on this page for a few days and almost have it where I want it to be, but I need help.

On this page, I'm trying to get the masthead to be full-width and responsive, like the other sections.

I'm also trying to eliminate the buttons, the masthead meta says if no options are chosen no buttons will be displayed, but that is not the case.

If anyone can help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

alexisk    0
alexisk

The masthead is in the page template area along with the content boxes below it... I did figure out the button issue, as there are two places where those have to be modified on the page's meta section and also under page options.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, when you say you want the masthead to be full width, do you mean you want the text to fill the white content area better? Or the text to go from one edge of the browser window to the other.

If you want the white area to go right to the edge of the browser you'll need to use css to set the background of the Masthead to white. At the moment that area is set within the content area of the page.

If you want the text to fill the white area better, you'll need to use css to enlarge the font-size for the masthead title and tag.

If you've not used css before, check out http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/ which will give you an overview using css inside the framework and the tools we advise you use to find the correct elements to edit.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

alexisk    0
alexisk

Thanks James. I'm wanting the white section to go all the way to the edges of the page. I'm just learning CSS, trying it for the first time on this page. I'll try your suggestion of making the background white and report back.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

All sections are given a similar structure of classes which you can use to style the section.

For example,

<section ID="section-name" class="section-sectionname">

<div class="texture">

<div class="content">

<div class="content-pad">

You can use these classes to style the section. Now if I understand you correctly, are you wanting to have the white background of the Masthead full width ?

If so, use the following and add your style to it.

.section-masthead .texture { } 

If you add background-color to the code above, the result will look like this:

http://cl.ly/image/1L28272A0C2D

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

alexisk    0
alexisk

Thanks Danny, you did understand what I wanted. When I was trying the CSS myself I was putting .masthead .texture { } and nothing was happening. I appreciate the clarification about the "section" part. Have a great day!