Sign in to follow this  
bailey1769

How do I get post summaries to appear on the Whitehouse Pro theme?

bailey1769

Is there an option to click in the admin to make my blog posts show up in the form of shorter summaries with a thumbnail image on my homepage under the feature scroller or do I need to add code? If I need to add code, what would it be and where does it need to go? www.greenriveracademy.com I would like for the post summaries to be in the same place and to look like the ones on this website, www.elktonky.com

catrina

Hello, There is no super quick option to make the summary/thumbnail posts possible, but there is coding that is quite easy to implement and it accomplishes a look similar to the one you see at elktonky.com. The codes are located here: http://www.dynamicwp.net/articles-and-tutorials/quick-tip-make-a-post-automatic-excerpt-with-image-thumbnail-on-wordpress-2-9/. How to implement the post summaries/thumbnail images (and where to do that) is explained.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Hello, There is no super quick option to make the summary/thumbnail posts possible, but there is coding that is quite easy to implement and it accomplishes a look similar to the one you see at elktonky.com. The codes are located here: http://www.dynamicwp.net/articles-and-tutorials/quick-tip-make-a-post-automatic-excerpt-with-image-thumbnail-on-wordpress-2-9/. How to implement the post summaries/thumbnail images (and where to do that) is explained.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cmunns

There should be an option to "place feature slider on blog page" (page and post options) which I'm 99% sure will get you the look you want.

bailey1769

But I'll lose the three feature boxes under the main picture scroller won't I?

catrina

Why don't you check out this fairly easy tutorial about creating excerpt/thumbnail posts?: http://www.dynamicwp.net/articles-and-tutorials/quick-tip-make-a-post-automatic-excerpt-with-image-thumbnail-on-wordpress-2-9/

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bailey1769

Thanks Catrina but I don't really need that. His suggestion is fine, it's just that I need my feature boxes and excerpts of my blog post to be on the front page on my blog at the same time.

cmunns

If the option to place features boxes on that page doesn't work it's an easy mod to add them so you can what you need. (much easier then adding a second main blog page)

bailey1769

What is the modification I should use to have both my blog post summaries and feature boxes on the same page? Thanks!

cmunns

In template_posts.php you to find this line ` <?php if($fboxes_template) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?> ` and make it look like this: ` <?php if($fboxes_template || is_home()) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?> `

wondertheworld

hi, sorry to hijack this posting but wondering if you could help me setup front page just the same as your front page is on your greenriver page. have been struggling for a couple of days with getting posts directly to the front page and sure it's something simple. i would also like the except and the image, exactly as you have it laid out. any advice would be greatly appreciated.