Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennifre

Missed where to add title that overlays masthead image...

jennifre    0
jennifre

Iif anyone has documentation link(s) to make masthead title overlay a masthead image (perhaps I need to set the image into a different field?), I'd feel so grateful. Also, re where to size/style the GIANT masthead title?

*Videos I've found/seen show sidebars on Pagelines' Dashboard that I don't see, like Pagelines Settings (I don't see) Websitesetup (I don't see). (I see Pagelines-Dashboard-Site Options-Page OPtions-Drag n Drop-Store.) *Are all videos/documentation out-of-date?!

I would love to see this is do-able without futzing with code! (Why I bought this, I hope!)

I also need to put some 2 different things flush to the top and flush to each other (to live over image on my page currently), if possible. Screenshot attached of what I'm trying to get to. Drag-able? Or more code-futzing? :(

URL below. Thanks so much! *sigh*

http://www.connectingthedotsdesign.com/UMNWP/

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not possible out of the box with the Masthead section and will require custom CSS. Therefore, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Masthead sections to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Please search our forums, before posting!

jennifre    0
jennifre

Neither title over masthead, nor, adding things flush to each other is possible sans code nonsense? *sigh*

*Both should be. Seems potentially an easy "button" to create! :)

What about sizing the masthead title/tagline differently? That for sure seems "button"-able, is it now, or do I need to do that by css code nonsense, also?

Thanks for your help, in spite of your so-far disappointing news. Maybe next response will yield a surprise-exciting response! Fingers crossed...!

jennifre    0
jennifre
Danny    1,327
Danny

The Support Page you linked is using custom CSS to add a background to that highlight section.

Also, the Masthead wasn't designed to be used in the way you want by default, it is achievable but will require custom CSS. Therefore, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Masthead sections to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Please search our forums, before posting!

jennifre    0
jennifre

Thanks Danny. Very disappointing when what I need & thought I was buying is on display as if easily-done by this theme. Thought I'd found extra-easy! :(

James B    436
James B

Hi Jennifre

Thanks for letting us know, we've passed your comments on to the core team, these type of changes could be something that will make it into a future edition of the framework. 

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

primetime+    2
primetime

Hi Jennifre

Thanks for letting us know, we've passed your comments on to the core team, these type of changes could be something that will make it into a future edition of the framework. 

I hope writing text on the masthead image gets implemented soon.

greenfly    230
greenfly

primetime

Are you hoping to implement this with Framework? (this post is from over a year ago and on the Framework specific, product support forum) or are you working with DMS?

As Danny said - this is achievable but will need some Custom CSS. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

primetime+    2
primetime

Yes, I want it on DMS without custom CSS.

• Similar Content

• StuLeeUK
      By StuLeeUK+
      Good morning,
      I have set up my homepage using the Elements sections, a Masthead at the top and then a selection of Heroes lower down.
      I only just realised that the Heroes set a H1, as does the Masthead.
      Is there an easy way I can change the Heroes to an H2/H3 etc so as to improve the structure of my headers, whilst keeping the Masthead as H1?
      I really don't know much at all about CSS, which is why I use Pagelines because it's just so easy to create good looking pages without too much confusion.

page for reference is https://www.avangocouriers.co.uk
      Thanks,
      Stu
    • Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• bjs198
      By bjs198
      Hey there,

I use quite a few templates to handle the look and feel of many many pages on a site and then populate the templated pages with a wp-content loop. However a client has asked that I effectively place a DMS2 Masthead at the top of each page as they prefer the styling of the title & tagline to the standard in WP. Obviously I can't do this when using templates as the Masthead would just replicate over all the associated templated pages, so could you please tell me if it's possible to recreate the title and tagline styling of the Masthead using HTML rather than CSS in the text view of the wp-content editor? I did inspect the HTML/CSS but came up fruitless...

Hope that makes some kind of sense, and please excuse my coding ignorance :)

Best

Barney
    • knasen81
      By knasen81
      Hi! I want to link a button in the musthead så that when clicked it send the visitor to a lower position/place in the same page. It is clear how you can type a link in a button så that the person sends to another page, but how do you send them to a lower place in the same page?

• wbeddoe
      By wbeddoe
      Greetings,

Looking to be able to change the font of the Standard Title text in the Header/Highlight section.

See screen shot

Also, if I leave Highlight Header text and Highlight Subheader text blank, I get default text "Here's to the crazy ones..." appearing so I have to put a single space in the header and subheader text boxes to make that go away.

Thoughts?