Sign in to follow this  
dvr

Layout Editor - Setting Page to 950

dvr

First off, thank you for Page Lines.. fantastic. 

I'm trying to set my page wide to 950 with two columns inside being  650 and 300. 

When setting the page size, I can scale it to 948 or 952, I can not seem to get it to 950. 

I wish we could TYPE in the size for more accuracy. 

Is there something I'm not doing correctly? 

Many thanks

DVR

Rob

Hi,

The Layout Editor uses 4px increments, so yes, you can't quite get to 950px with that method.

But, CSS will let you achieve this.  Do you have Firebug for Firefox or use Chrome's Inspection Tool?

The CSS solution sets the width of the page to 950px, but I'd recommend using a percentage to keep it responsive.  If you've set the width to 952px with the layout editor, Firebug or Chrome will let you find that, modify it and test.  You can then copy the code and apply it to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code.

That will allow you to get the correct width.  The settings you organize for content area and sidebar width will also be found.  As above, just find the CSS and modify the width, then copy and paste as above.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dvr

Rob, 

Many thanks for the FAST response. I'll try that, but you say keep it responsive? Ok.. the format I'm trying to use this in is BUDDYPRESS.. its no small undertaking. I'm curious as to the best size for buddypress too. 

I'll give it a go and see... right now its running on a local inhouse server so there is no public url I could provide. 

Cheer, DVR

Rob

Well, BuddyPress should pick up any custom CSS if you've installed it correctly with our integration plugin.

The question of fixed versus responsive is simply whether you use pixels or percentages.  This simply insures you'll be able to see it in mobile devices.

BuddyPress just works with the content area it goes into, and won't be setting that width or the page width.

I hope this explains it.

dvr

Well its always a great time to learn right? Any reason why though the ability to type in a value in the fields isn't enabled?

Cheers, dvr

Rob

I've never been able figure that one out, to be quite honest.  There may be some glimmer of hope in the next version.   Meanwhile, I think the CSS method will do the trick.