Sign in to follow this  
lmcmanus

grandchild fly-out in sub-nav?

lmcmanus

Is there a way to have the grandchild fly-out appear in the sub-nav bar just like it is now in the main drop down?

catrina

Hello, It might be possible if you implement some code in one of theme files. Can you send me a link to your website?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cmunns

It would be fairly involved to implement. How comfortable are you editing code. Take a look at the _sub_nav.php file.

bryan-hadaway

Okay, that's good to hear. Please wait for continued developer help and bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Okay, can i get some stuff straight first? You need the "sub-nav" to have drop downs correct? which then reveal what would be the grandchild pages?

lmcmanus

yes, correct, either dropdowns or a fly-out...

bryan-hadaway

Hi Leslie, I'm not sure if the developers can accommodate such a feature in the support forum, I'm sure they'll take this into consideration for future releases. In the meantime you could consult with Anna anna(at)pagelines.com to discuss professional services and updates. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

If you make your _sub_nav.php look like this that will be step one `

• <?php global $wp_query; if( empty($wp_query->post->post_parent) ) { $parent = $wp_query->post->ID; } else { $parent = $wp_query->post->post_parent; } ?> <?php if(wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=$parent&echo=0" )): ?>
  • <?php wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=$parent&depth=2" ); ?>
<?php endif; ?> <?php if(!is_page_template('page-highlight.php') && !pagelines('hidesearch')) get_template_part ('library/_searchform'); ?>
` This creates the nested UL's needed for dropdown, from there you just need appropriate CSS

lmcmanus

Thanks a lot! I've added this to _sub_nav.php, and added id "submenu" to CSS (grandchild), but am not getting the flyout in the subnav yet...can you help w/ what I may be doing wrong?

cmunns

Without seeing what you have I can't really help. Assuming you're doing the CSS correctly (there are a lot resources on this) you will need to make sure overflow for the sub head isn't hidden so it should be ` #sub_head { overflow:visible; } ` ...so that the dropdown isn't hiding.

cmunns

if you need more help this should put you in the right direction as well ` #submenu ul ul.children {display:none;} #submenu ul li:hover .children {display:block;position:absolute;} `