Twinshot First video stuck on vimeo

4 posts in this topic

OK, so no matter what I do the "first video" in TwinShot always defaults to the vimeo player even if it is clearly a youtube video.  I have tried it with the "main_video_id" set as well as not set (should default to the first video in the list).  Everything work great as long as the first video in the list is actually a Vimeo video.  If it is a YouTube video, it will launch the Vimeo player and error out (because vimeo knows not what to do with a Youtube vid).  Any ideas??

Hi there, do you have a link to the site with twinshot active we could look at.

Sure. The only workaround I could find was to make an initial "welcome video" that was a Vimeo file to always be "first" in the list.   One other workaound I was looking at (but I ran out of time the other day) is to ue jQuery to "reset" the video to the first one in the list.  But, I couldn't decipher the combination and I had to get on with a demo... hence the "welcome video".

Can you disable all non-PageLines plugins please and also take a screenshot of your TwinShot settings page where you add the links for your videos. Once we have this information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Video Slider Crashes
      By stephen2+
      I'm using your plug-in Video Slider. Everytime I enter an end time for the video - hit save and refresh - the plugin crashes.  The only to use it again is to deactivate it, delete the affected section and start over. 
      Any ideas? 
    • MediaBox Vertically Cropping Youtube Video
      HI -   I've been having problems with MediaBox cropping a Youtube video I am trying to embed.   Regardless of the size of the video, the bottom is cropped out. This is also regardless of the "Disable Media Vertical Centering" function and "MediaBox Min Height" settings in MediaBox.   I've been using the "Text and Embed HTML" box to embed the video, using a Pagelines shortcode, [pl_video type="youtube" id="KxJlJ7NbYLY"]   Any possible ideas as to where I am going wrong?   Thanks in advance for the assist!   Todd
    • Masthead Issue - Video may be the cause of it
      By DanatTLFN
      Hello there!
      I'm a bit panicky this evening as I was just making a quick change to the top half of my page when the DMS decided to stop loading up.
      The steps I took before refreshing are as follows: 
      Added in a Masthead
      Embedded a YouTube Video into the Video field on the editing panel
      Began pulling hair out
      After this I went to troubleshoot it and have deactivated all plugins however the problem still persists with all plugins deactivated. I am pretty sure it is a something to do with the Masthead, however not being able to get in and remove that section, makes seeing a solution somewhat rather difficult.
      Anyway I shall look forward to hearing your response.
      PS. I am running DMS 2 
      GoDaddy hosting
      and 21 Plugins all of which I have mentioned in previous posts.
    • Embed YouTube Videos Like in Google+ And Reduce Page Load Time.
      By tirsbak
      Website URL:
      Framework Version: 2.1.5
      WordPress Version: 4.0
      I would like to use this trick on my site. But I can't figure out how to get it working. 
      I have a few questions: 

"First, download and add the following javascript file to the header section of your page."
      1) I have the file, but i don't know where to add it?
      Next you need to call the "optimizeYouTubeEmbeds" function that will make your YouTube video embeds like the Google+ one. To do that, add the following code just before the ending </body> tag of your page.
      2) Once again, I don't know where to add the script/code

I hope that someone can help me :-)
    • Using Vimeo/YouTube in Revslider
      By thebastion
      Hi there,
      I have embedded a video into a Revslider slide by uploading it to 'uploads' in my WordPress folder.  I am using MaxCDN which is serving the video but it is still jerky and does not stream smoothly if at all (On IE all I get is sound).
      Is there a way to embed (ideally) Vimeo or YouTube videos into the slide?  It doesn't seem to recognise the Vimeo URL to the video.