Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tindel

Adding thrid-party slider to header? Sections plugin?

tindel    0
tindel

I have searched everywhere to find something on how to put a third party slider (layerslider) into my header?  Can this be done with the sections plugin? can I give it a section in pagelines?  Any help pointing in right direction would be great. 

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

How does the slider work? Is it activated by a shortcode or something?

If so you can download a free section called 'contentbox' from our store, this acts like an extra box you can add html/text to. Put that in the header and add the shortcode or html in there.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

rsanmartin    1
rsanmartin

Hi tendel 

did you resolve it ? is it possible add layerslider on header?

Thanks.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, we never heard back from the client, so assuming the contentbox solution above worked :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

rsanmartin    1
rsanmartin

Hi James

I downloaded section-contentbox.zip file and I tried to install contentbox component but I couldn't. I have PageLines Framework - Professional V2.4.

Can I use it?  Do you know some instruction to install it? . I want to add layerslider on header. Please help me.

thanks.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The simplest way to install any section is to use the PageLines store within your Wordpress installation. Go to your sites:

Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Top Free and then scroll down until you see the ContentBox section, then click install.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rsanmartin    1
rsanmartin

Hi,

I installed contentbox component and added layerslider on header by a shortcode ([layerslider id="1"]). it works for me . Thanks.

James B    436
James B

Excellent glad it worked, thanks for letting us know :-)

James B

tindel    0
tindel

sorry about that... did the same and worked.... thanks!

dsamper    0
dsamper

I have the exact same question but I cannot find the contentbox component in your store at all. Where is it?

Dan

Danny    1,327
Danny

dsamper - Due to PageLines Framework being considered a legacy theme, the store that had the ContentBox download link has now been removed. So you can download the ContentBox from here instead - https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip

dsamper    0
dsamper

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded and it seems like this is no longer compatible with the current version I guess. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

dsamper - I have just this moment add a child theme and included the contentbox section. The contentbox section is working as intended.

https://cloudup.com/cEvpePRMG8T

https://cloudup.com/c_iDRhLZv1w

Therefore, I have created a child theme for you which includes the ContentBox. You can download it from here - https://github.com/Dannyholt/skeleton/tree/framework-child

Install like you would any other theme and then make it the active theme, you should then be able to use the ContentBox section.

FRevi+    7
FRevi

LayerSlider WP is a widget. What you do is create an actual slider using the interface accessed via a dashboard menu item. Then you put a (generic) LayerSlider widget into a menu. Then you put the actual slider you created into the LayerSlider widget.

Ⅎʀ

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • medtime
      By medtime+
      Hello,
      We are using ProPricing but We cant change the colors from the Table. 
      How can we change it? It is all grey and we would like to add colors according our identity.
      Best,

• ppotent
      By ppotent
      Any chance of a pagelines table plug-in coming? I know that the use of short codes and bootstrap can achieve this, but I can't seem to find any easy/visual editor way of doing this. There are table plug-ins around for wordpress, but honestly, they are pretty clunky. I'd pay for a tables plug-in, given how much I would use tables if I could.

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.