Sign in to follow this  
memamjomeh

Creating a page without a nav button

memamjomeh

Can i create a page that doesn't have a linking nav button? For example. I want to create some pages to link a personal image to on a page in my website; however, when i publish it i dont want wordpress to create a button in the nav bar for that page

catrina

Hi Matthew, Can you please clarify: Do you want the pages to link to a personal image that appears on a page on your website or do you want to create some pages and use a personal image to link to page on your website? Also, can you please send me a link to your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

memamjomeh

Oh i think i confused you. =) I just want to create a new page just like any other page on my site; however, I don't want it to have a link on the navigation bar. I want it to only be accessible by typing in the url Sure ya check it out I'd love some input. www.dugupmedia.com

catrina

Hi, In order to do that, you need to go into the Editor page in the Appearance section of your Dashboard and edit a piece of code. Can you locate the PHP code that begins like this (minus the ellipsis)?:

<?php wp_list_pages...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Actually, there's an easier way to do it without having to go in and edit any code. This plugin allows you to pick which pages to exclude from the navigation: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/exclude-pages/

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cmunns

Matthew, FYI this is also a good reason to use WP3.0 menus if possible. You can choose which links go in the nav and in which order without plug-ins or modifying code. :)