Sign in to follow this  
fredricwesterbergcloudyourself

implementing nextgengallery in a page

Hi i use StationPro 3 lets face it, im a noob... and i struggle with actually getting pictures in a page using nextgengallery. When I place the short code on the page, all it shows is the short code but no pictures. do yo have do < > it in some way??

cmunns

You're using this one? ...[ nggallery id=x ] Are you using the visual or HTML editor?

actually, i am using [ nggallery id=x ]. i have also tried to implement the code from the litle nextgen-plugin in the visual editor and to implement the code my self in both visal and HTML editor. still not the reslut im hoping for. i also tried to link a nexgen gallery to carousel template with no luck, i says i have to activate somthing? startin to wonder if i should aim for something not related to coding... hehe =) here is the link to where i try to make it hapen http://www.sporthorse.nu/test/

krunionnycaprrcom

It looks like you have a space between the shortcode and the brackets. Take out the space and see if that works.

@Kenneth, thnx, tried it out without any result thou @cmunns, hehe, jepp, i have nextGEN gallery activated on the plugin page in wordpress.

cmunns

Well it says this on your page " You have selected the carousel page template but the plugins aren't activated for the selected mode (either NextGen-Gallery or FlickrRSS). " So..you either haven't activated it, or you haven't specified in the options that you want to use the nextgen mode so it's looking for the flickrRSS plug-in instead

yes, i got really confused when i saw that message, because i cant find ware the problem is. here are some screenshots of my settings that might clear some question marks. (i am trying to get both the carousel and the "in post nextgengallery" to work) http://www.sporthorse.nu/test2/ really appreciate your work guys!

cmunns

For the page where the carousel is you need to set the option (on that page editing screen) to use the "nextgen gallery" mode. Also, you need to set the gallery ID.

i believe i have set the "carousel_mode" to "ngen_gallery", i have also tried to create a custom "carousel_mode" with the value "nextgen gallery". i cant find anywhere else where i can select carousel_mode. the gallery ID i would like to implement in my carousel is entered in "NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode)" is there some where else i should enter this value?

cmunns

It looks like the javascript isn't loading on your pages. Do you have any plug-ins installed? Try disabling plug-ins that may modify js

firedancer014

Has next-gen page editing options been added to stationpro3 yet? I do not see these options. Is there something I'm not doing correctly? i saw a note saying that not all options have been added yet. Can anyone help?

bryan-hadaway

Hi Nicholas, I'm not entirely sure I follow. You could always log into: http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php And make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the theme. Also, as far as NextGen options, PageLines didn't create this plugin, it is a 3rd party tool. Thanks, Bryan

hi guys, at last i found the problem, it was in my database. i have a modified databasestructure and the plugin "next gen" did not understand that by it self as most pluins do. so what i did was actually just change ware nextgen is getting the gallerypictures from. still, i have some problems with binding nextgengallery to the carousell, but as you say Bryan, its not really pagelines table. thanx for the suport and keep up your great work! //Fredric

tsays

Thanks for sharing that solution, Fredric! That was my problem too! What a weird bug - it was driving me crazy.