Sign in to follow this  
g2om

Feature Box Height and Search Box

g2om

Hi! I am trying to increase the height option (decrease the padding) on the feature box to fit larger text (www.g2om.com). I used the following code in custom css, but the height is not changing, only the width: #feature .fcontent { width:360px; } #feature .fmedia { width:470px; } #feature .fcontent { height:450px; } #feature .fmedia { height:425px; } Also, using the search box brings up a blog page for results, how do I change the setting so it will show results in a non-formatted or non-blog formatted page? I read in another post that we should use the custom css area for code changes. I am working with a web designer and we are discussing not using footer widgets (below the feature boxes) and adding three graphics to the bottom of the page instead. The reason is because I do not want the graphics encased in a white box and I am experiencing formatting issues with graphics not centering in the specific boxes. If I add these three graphics using dreamweaver, will I experience problems with upgrades? If yes, do you have another solution where I use the widgets but have my graphics serve as the box line instead of the widget box? I feel like I am not explaining the situation well, maybe have a look, here is the URL for the home page: www.g2om.com. Many thanks!

cmunns

The feature boxes should expand to an appropriate height without having to be declared via CSS. Also, if you don't want the more foot section to have the white box and all that can you just use CSS for this as well instead of diving into the code? It seems like it's possible with what you're asking.

g2om

Thank you for your reply. For some reason, the height of the feature box is not expanding to include all of the text, especially the "more" link. Let me just make sure I understand what you are saying - I can include my graphics, without using the footer widget, as long as I add them in the CSS code area. So I should not use dreamweaver?

catrina

Hello, For the feature box, there's extra margin space around the image that's making the "more" link (and text above it) get nudged down a little. Go to the pro.css page (located in the css folder of your website directory) and find this code:

#feature .fheading {text-align: center; margin: 2em 0;}

The 2em in the margin property is adding that extra space around the image. Change it to -1 so that it says -1em and the content below the image should be pushed up, allowing equal space at the top and the bottom.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse