Sign in to follow this  
regalcreative

That little point at the top of a dropdown menu

regalcreative

Hey, having a hard time figuring out how you guys did that little pointy thing at the top of a dropdown <ul>. Need just standard square look in this case. Please let me know if you can fill me in...thanks

Danny

Hi,

I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're referring to, can your reply and go into greater detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

regalcreative

Hi,

If you go to http://demo.pagelines.me and click on Templates in the top nav, there is a little point at the top of the dropdown menu. This is what I am referring to. Thanks

mstmarie1

He's looking at the

<b class="caret"></b>

in the menu items

Rob

Hi,

It is created automagically whenever you add child menu items via Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. There is no coding needed to implement this. This border element is built into core code.  We don't support modifying such code.

I don't know what you mean by this "Need just standard square look in this case" but presume you do not want that up-pointing part of the border.   If that's true, I'd recommend simply swapping NavBar with Nav Classic in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Header.  Nav Classic will give you a very plain, simple drop down menu, without borders, highlighting or anything fancy.  You can code those, if you desire, with CSS.

Hope this helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

regalcreative

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already done a bunch of CSS on the NavBar and didn't want to have to start over, so I pressed on and figured it out. I realize this is unsupported, but I got the little pointy part to disappear by doing a display:none on the ::before and ::after of the <ul>, so:

.navbar .navline > .dropdown > .dropdown-menu::before, .navbar .navline > .dropdown > .dropdown-menu::after {
	display: none !important;
}

Rob

If it works, and you didn't have to edit core files, it's a winner!  Glad you were able to accomplish this!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mstmarie1

Wouldn't

.caret{display:none;}

have worked?

Danny

Wouldn't

.caret{display:none;}

have worked?

Should do :D

Please search our forums, before posting!